Sukhumvit map.

SanukMaps

Hello all,

Due to Khun Sanuk request, as of not having links to other web site in the sig, or to pointing posters to other web site, or to attach the map to a post, I will not post any news about updates of the maps in this forum anymore.

I accept the policy of this forum, no hard feeling.

If any are interested in the map, please check the site of the map, once a month to look for new updates, thank you.

I think this is a mistake and carrying things too far. I fully understand the need for the site to make money and not wanting to advertise other sites for free when wnating others to pay. But this map was a valuable resource for the members of this board and IMO should be allowed to provide a link. crazy.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

Hi,

"But this map was a valuable resource for the members of this board and IMO should be allowed to provide a link."

Why? Because it is convenient for you?

Sorry, but this map is competing information. The main site has plenty of maps as well, but rather than promoting those I should just allow a link to a free one?

Sanuk!

Khun Sanuk has maps on the paysite and you can click on them and highlight different types of establishments in the various areas - they are very nice. The Sukumvit map while very nice is DIRECTLY competing against him.

KS gets a lot of traffic here and this is perhaps the busiest Thai nightlife discussion board on the net. If people want to advertise, they should pay.

Stick

Khun Sanuk,

You said: "Sorry, but this map is competing information. The main site has plenty of maps as well, but rather than promoting those I should just allow a link to a free one?"

I wasn't sure what you refered to as the main site maps until Stickman responded with "Khun Sanuk has maps on the paysite and you can click on them and highlight different types of establishments in the various areas - they are very nice. The Sukumvit map while very nice is DIRECTLY competing against him."

I have never joined a pay site, so I was unaware that you had maps, apparently quite good, that Sanukmaps map (that 's hard to say out loud smile.gif" border="0 ) would cut into your business. Sorry about that. I know his intent was only to pay back all those (such as yourself and Stickman) who provided him, through these boards, such good information on the sanuk scene. As such, I thought his map was a good idea (yes, being free also helped, in addition to his artist skill) for the newbies. I still do, but as I now know about your pay site and it's maps, I understand your reasons and his gentlemenly agreement to post it elsewhere. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Sanuk!

Khun Sanuk,

Sorry, but didn't know that you have detailed maps at your paysite.

The last time my membership was valid, was more than a year ago, and I don't recall any maps, but maybe they were then. smile.gif" border="0

I sent mails to many web sites, forums and boards for the free map, with no intension to hurt their busineses of course.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

The Tai-Pan, from what I have heard is hit and miss or joiners fees. I recently cancelled a reservation with them that I had booked through Siam-Online. The price was good but the word was they put you in the well worn rooms and did charge a joiners fee even if you had booked a double. If you pay full price I think there is less problems with joiners fees. Best bet is to email and inquire to their policy.

Archived