Would You do the same?

Torneyboy

We had dinner last week in the Saun Lum area.

A UK couple came in and sat down a table way from us...then two MIBs came and sat down with them..then left and a plain clothes guy sat with them..

They had dinner at this restaurant the night before.

They arrived by taxi and the staff helped them choose the seafood before going inside the restaurant.

The bill arrived...7000 baht :cussing:

They complained to the manager...no joy...paid the bill went out to the taxi...he wanted 2000 baht for the return trip (waited for them) they did not know he kept the meter running :doah:..gave him 500 and took note of his number and then went to the police.

The plain clothes guy said he was sorry his staff last night were not very helpfull :p

Last thing we heard was..please let us (the UK couple) the outcome of your investigations...

We arrived by taxi as well...as soon as we had our feet out of the car the staff had a bucket and were putting prawns in before we could get an idea what the place was all about...i saw a lobster in his hand(250thb per gm)..would have cost 2000 plus...we said no..we have enough food now..our bill with two drinks was just on 1600thb.

I hope they get some sort of refund..the lady said she was happy with the food...taste etc...just the cost..

How would you guys handle this type of rip off? :dunno:

Hi TB,

It's frightening the way that *some* Thai restaurateurs are so upfront about ripping Farang off, isnt it ? I have been very lucky through most of Asia, but it seems that the more 'upmarket' the eatery, the more willing they are to hand you a large bill for 'average' food. As for the price of drinks in these places, thats a ripoff in every country I've been to, including Oz, IMO.

Cheers,

Artie

Archived