A Passport Control????

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Well, you've not used the TM card before. Seems there has been good discujssion on the new card etc.

[No need for sniping like that - KS]

Clipped from another site

How to get a reentry permit

Explaining reentry permits

If you have an extension of stay in your passport, you will ned a reentry permit if you plan to travel outside Thailand for short period.

The best is to obtain your re-entry permit at Don Muang International Airport, just before Immigration counter. Re-entry Permit counter is on the 3rd floor of Departure Hall, International Passenger Terminal 1. Immigration at Phuket International Airport also provide reentry permits in the departure hall.

FEES: The fee for a re-entry permit is (as per 2003-08-26):

1,000 Baht for single re-entry

3,800 Baht for multiple re-entry

Bring 2 color photos, passport, copy of passport (main page and recent entry stamp). The application form is simple to fill in and at the Airport the waiting time is minimal, approx. 10-20 minutes.

The processing time at Thai Immigration Suan Pluh, can vary from 1 hours to half a day, so if you prefer to queue, apply before lunch so you you can pick it up later the same day.. You can apply in person or via agent (requires Letter of Attorney). Pick up can be done by courier presenting your green receipt.

On your return to Thailand, don't forget to note the reentry permit number on your Immigration arrival card (TM-card) and check that you are stamped in correctly. The latter is very important.

Holders of multiple Non-Immigrant visas do not need re-entry permit, as they will get a new 90 days entry stamp on arrival. You only need reeentry permit if you have a short or long time extension that you want to keep.

Questions about reentry permits? Please visit Thailand Expat Forum!

Clip

HonoluluJimmy said:

Well, you've not used the TM card before. Seems there has been good discujssion on the new card etc. Been to Thailand lately or ever?

Ahhh, I see that since you have received your very 1st visa you are now an expert on all things Thai. Congratulations.

If you are so sure of where to go to get the answers, pray tell why you waste our time here?

And BTW, a TM card is more commonly called an "arrival card" by those of us who live here (including ND). And you put your visa number on it.

SD

Ahhh, I see that since you have received your very 1st visa you are now an expert on all things Thai. Congratulations.

If you are so sure of where to go to get the answers, pray tell why you waste our time here?

Stop the groaning Tiger and put those big sharp white teeth back in place, will you ;)

He's not an expert hence his question here.

His quote from the other site doesn't contain answers for him, you did though ...a TM card is more commonly called an "arrival card" And you put your visa number on it.

So that's visa LuLu and not re-entry.

Guest HonoluluJimmy
suadum said:
HonoluluJimmy said:

Well, you've not used the TM card before. Seems there has been good discujssion on the new card etc. Been to Thailand lately or ever?

And BTW, a TM card is more commonly called an "arrival card" by those of us who live here (including ND). And you put your visa number on it.

SD

Have a look at this.....I ask a question and add some info that is well documented as to being from another site..Now I'm an expert.....Good thing we wern't talking neurosurgery...

\

BTW, I know that it is commonly called an arrival card but it is a TM card.....does that mean Too Mutt????? Too Mutt Bull to get an answer...over on TV it was cleared up right away....KKK

<<Well, you've not used the TM card before. Seems there has been good discujssion on the new card etc. Been to Thailand lately or ever?>>

Err, I live here and fly in and out just about weekly.

They are as Suadan points out arrival cards,

Next time try being polite! Otherwise a very infformative post now I know what your talking about!

DOG

Seems to me HonoluluJim found the answer:

>>On your return to Thailand, don't forget to note the reentry permit number on your Immigration arrival card (TM-card) and check that you are stamped in correctly. The latter is very important.>>>

From Thai Visa???

They know it all and more....ego trippers.....

Guest HonoluluJimmy
Nervous_Dog said:

<<Well, you've not used the TM card before. Seems there has been good discujssion on the new card etc. Been to Thailand lately or ever?>>

Err, I live here and fly in and out just about weekly.

They are as Suadan points out arrival cards,

Next time try being polite! Otherwise a very infformative post now I know what your talking about!

You were the rude person trying to start something with the TM Card????? IT IS A TM CARD and says so on the form! You were rude

Guest HonoluluJimmy
thalenoi said:

Seems to me HonoluluJim found the answer:

(Jimmy, please, I've been told that Jim is a thai

girls NIC.)

>>On your return to Thailand, don't forget to note the reentry permit number on your Immigration arrival card (TM-card) and check that you are stamped in correctly. The latter is very important.>>>

From Thai Visa???

They know it all and more....ego trippers.....

That is still the question....Do you write you visa number in or the Permit Number in.....As for Thai Visa the have lots of good stuff and they sit at #2 behind Nana and way above #3 Bangkok Tonight's board. the non board section is very good about providing info, very good! However...I would still like to know what to write and where. I suppose I'll get flamed, but you qall know I don't care. It is clear that the Bangers residents have the BKK/NYC attitude. I hope we don't have any Cat House money management experts here as well.

Archived