hotels in bangkok

hi can any1 help me iam coming to bangkok in july for 20nights i will be alone and booking double room so can any1 tell me and hotels in Sukhumvit Rd were the main night life is and i can pick up girls and take to my room without the hotel making me pay and were the security will not stop them and make me pay hope some1 can help kind regards phil

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the moderators will shortly move your question to the Accomadation section, but before they do - I will suggest my regular hotel namely:-

Business Inn

Soi 11/1

Sukhumvit Road

Bangkok

I have been staying their for the last 8 years or so, sometimes for extended periods, no extra charge for girls although they do insist on taking a copy of her ID card. I would call it a 2 star hotel, the rooms could do with a redecoration, but you won't catch anything from the Room! Toilet and shower are very clean and with hot water. TV with cable (HBO, Cinemax and CNN) and a Fridge and of course aircon.

They also have a restuarant open 24/7, which also serves EDIBLE western food.

10 minutes stroll from Nana Plaza

Price is around 600/700B per night.

attached is a Link to their websiteBusiness Inn Note that AW Group own the hotel , although they are also travel agents. (The Grand Business Inn is a new Hotel they built next door - a bit more expensive and I have never stayed their.

I never bother booking in advance.

I am not on commision! I just like the people there.

Hope this helps - any more info - drop me a PM.

Hey....just go to the Manhattan Hotel on Sukhumivt Soi 15. They have in-room safes, and if you book a double room, you can bring in a lady at no additional costs, and give her breakfast in the morning (buffet included in the room price). There is enough time between now an July to book via Diethelm travel

http://www.diethelmtravel.com/

Room rates vary with season, but I expect that you can book with the Manhattan for between 995 and 1300 baht for double occupancy.

Why am I recommending the Manhattan? Because I have stayed there many, many times, and my friends stay there when they visit Bangkok and all of us find the desk and service staff to be very helpful an courteous, and the rooms to be sufficiently large, clean and modern. Not that I have a favorite or anything :)

Manhattan Hotel 1999

13 Soi 15 Sukhumvit Road,

Phrakanong, Bangkok 10110,

Thailand

Telephone 662-255 0166

Fax 662-255 3481

I think the Manhattan is the tops in value in the lower Sukhumvit area.

do the rooms have safes?

No

The Hotel has a "safe Deposit system" at reception which consists of your belongings being put in a large brown sealed envelope and held in their safe and is accesable (I believe) from 8am to midnight.

Never had anything dissapear and quite often I have very substantial amounts of cash and T/c's - which they ARE aware of. (I don't use credit cards in the LOS). Not as conveniant as an in room safe, but I tend to use in my room my samsonite case with it's combination lock to stop "light Fingers".

Manhattan, yes, stayed there recently, after GP upped their prices.

But, they don't have stereo to plug my iPod in, to entertain the girls with my morlam collection, major flaw.

Which guest friendly hotel in similar location and price does have steero?

You'll be lucky to find a stereo in any resonable priced place, can only think of jasmine suites, Davis, Grande Sherratton etc all upmarket. I take a DVD player these days and plug it into the telly. Of course after about 1 am thai TV is full of luktung and morlam VCD's playing-peter

Agree it is the best value if you get it for just over 1,000 baht. However I will not be staying there again until the building work is finished, or they let you reserve rooms at the front. Hammering and drilling from 8am until sometimes the early hours is not my idea of an ideal hotel stay. -peter

My experience with Business Inn is that I found the rooms very dirty. I'm talking about the rooms across the road from the OFFICE. The stairs very narrow. A fire hazard. The lift broke down .

Finally upon arrival I had to hand in my passport for them to photocopy. Enclosed in the passport was my departure tax, 500 Baht. When my passport was handed back to me it wasn't there anymore.

Of course 'they' denied everything.

Wouldn't stay there again if it was the last hotel in Bangkok.

Archived