hotels in bangkok

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nana has safes at the reception desk, stayed there about 4 years ago, they put a picture of your passport photo on it, so only you can get in, also they (and many) hotels have you sign in and out of the box to keep a record...more for their protection than yours...

My experience with Business Inn is that I found the rooms very dirty. I'm talking about the rooms across the road from the OFFICE. The stairs very narrow. A fire hazard. The lift broke down .

Finally upon arrival I had to hand in my passport for them to photocopy. Enclosed in the passport was my departure tax, 500 Baht. When my passport was handed back to me it wasn't there anymore.

Of course 'they' denied everything.

Wouldn't stay there again if it was the last hotel in Bangkok.

I suppose it just goes to show that experiances and tastes differ wildly.

Without wishing to get into a heated discussion about the Business Inn (I am sure we all have better things to do!) I would say that my interpretation of the condition of the rooms is that they could do with a coat of paint, (the shower rooms are spotless) rather than they are unclean as such. Also I think to be borne in mind is that 600B for a hotel with the basic (for me) mod cons in the heart of Sukhumvit seems fair enough value.

But each to their own.

I agree about the stairs though! - Walking up to the sixth floor is not to be recomended!

Would hate to stay at the Nana....

I like the "Grand Inn" on soi 3 Just down from th enew shopping centre and Starbucks. No problems with girls. Place is full of cops so no worries about security. (Dont worry they just sit and watch TV!!) GREAT staff that will play your games for you ("He leave yesterday" he not in " " he dead" "he upstairs with 3 girls" Great fun when the ST/LT decided to visit your hotel agian..!!

Very clean and great rooms. 1000Bt +

I have played some games with the cleaners and they have never once taken money etc. ( I leave a couple notes etc under bed etc. When I return they have put the money on bed. That says a lot about the hotel. I like it and they like me!!

Its not a Coffee shop.. It sells brown liquid with monkey spunk on the top. You want coffee?? Cross over to the marriot and go To the bangkok baking Company cafe. Thats coffee.

• 3 months later...

I suspect it is the perceived sleaze factor. I've heard guys say that at the nana that their are whores all over the lobby etc.

In fact this is an exaggeration. The first floor (the ground floor for the numerically challenged ::) of the hotel has several areas. In the back corner is nana disco which gets packed with ladies and punters but not until after 11pm. Right near the disco entrance (on the ground floor) is a small bar and lounge area and at night there are some ladies hanging around in the lounge.

In the lobby there are lots of chairs and you will see only a few ladies there and sometimes none. In the restaurant area hotel guests and their ladies will be eating. Thats all that goes on on the first floor and if you knew nothing about lower suk and arrived at the hotel you probably would not think anything was out of the ordinary (until you wandered into the disco).

Outside the hotel is another matter entirely ::

Archived