1000 Baht Barfine!!! WTF?

Hugh_Hoy

"Arai wah" was all I could say when I told a go-go dancer at Black and White I'd barfine her (after three nights of fending her off) and she said the barfine was 1000 baht. She suggested that I confirm it with Peter (bar manager) when I expressed disbelief/astonishment. Peter, who happened to be sitting next to me, said that 1000 baht was in effect for the 13th AND 14th because of Songkran. He was unsure about Friday (the 15th). He said that if the bar didn't put a high barfine on during that time, he wouldn't have any girls show up for work...they'd all go home for the New Year. This way, they were unlikely to barfine themselves or want to be docked from their salaries. That explained why, at 2359 hours, there was still a LOT of beauties hoofing it on various stages along the soi. Most bars had 2-4 girls for every customer. Slow night for biz, me thinks. Ex-pats have left town or have "family" obligations; low season for punters til October.

Hugh (mak)

Pretty common to do this during holidays for the reasons stated. But the gals are getting smarter! I know several who simply quit their jobs April 1st and plan on returning May 1st (of course the bar will take them back - they get 5+ drinks/night and 20+ offs)!. Other have noticed this too and first clued me in on it (thanks Doc). But it makes me think that the freelance scene will be hoppng at the end of the month...

Cheers,

SD

suadum said: But it makes me think that the freelance scene will be hoppng at the end of the month...

Cheers,

SD

I was thinking the same thing. Soi 7 BG had a sign hung on the gate that it's closed the 13th and 14th. So the regs there will be back in force as well as along lower "suk", Nana Disco, etc. Actually, I'd imagine a lot of freelancers went home for the New Year. Nobody to account to and not a lot of customers in town anyway. Still, I was impressed by the quality of offerings at the SC venues...including your favorite.

Hugh

Archived