Any racism in Bangkok nightlife?

Hi,

The issue is not how Thais treat racism, the issue is your consistent use of the word Jap while knowing that it is insulting to others.

"Show the same respect to all members."

Funny that coming from a guy who insists on using the word 'Jap'.

"He called Me a "moron"."

Actually he called you 'Moronic', which was in direct response to you calling him 'Jizz'. So, if you want to get down to it, it was you who started the name calling.

Anyway, I have had enough of this thread and your nagging. You either drop the subject or I will kick you off.

And no, I do not care if you think that is fair or not.

Sanuk!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he can ban me its his forum... But Ive made my point and will stick to it.

We are grown up men.... who want to debate. The thread has 6 pages. A lot of good talk and some that some dont agree with.. thats life. But if you sit on a high horse, make sure its legs are strong (Ye old English saying from 1640 .)

Kind off getting back to the subject.............

IMHO one of the good things I discovered when first visiting Thailand was that I actually talked to a lot of Nationalities (especially "fellow" europeans) and Races that I would probably not have had the opportunity to (or just not bothered to) back home in the UK - and have learnt a lot. (although some here may disagree with this last statement!)

I guess it helps the "bonding" process that we are all foreigners in Thailand and have the same "hobby" ::

>Sadly, in the farang oriented bars, racism is prevalent against Africans, Arabs, and Indians.

I don't think anyone argued against that. Racism is prevelent everywhere...but to *use* that as an arguement for being racist seems a bit off...

LL seemed bent on self destruction...

-j-

Don't think we arrived at a definition of what it is exactly, seems to mean whatever anyone wants it to. One person can say they find 'jap' offensive so it is, others can see no problem. Why is it that yank, ozzie, pommie bastard, paddy, cloggie and frog are not taken as racist? or is their some sensitive soul out there who thinks otherwise ::-peter

Archived