Any racism in Bangkok nightlife?

racism.. !! try been a African (Nigrerian mainly) and go to a club etc. They are NOT liked. They have a well deserved reputation in Thailand and around the world!!

They hang around the back of soi 3 in "their own little world".

Spoken to a few girls and it tends to be horror stories about them......

I am well happy with it." PC" I am not !! Living in london and having to live with the violence and crime etc is terrible. They walk around with some sort of "You looking at me " face ... gansta rappers arseholes....

And of course the japanese and us..... They get to go everywhere. we cant (In Bangkok that is..) They have their own speciasl clubs etc.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a Joke in order to lighten up a suggestion by a previous poster not to look like an arab.

With regard to your suggestion that the BG's do not absolutely LOVE men with beards I know for a FACT that this is wrong wrong wrong, as I have been told on many occasions by BG's that not only was I a Handsome man, but they too wished that they could grow such a wonderful beard.

Although I have to admit that on a previous longer trip I did shave off my beard mid trip and was once told by a BG that she liked my new look more and that now I was Handsome. When I politely enquired whether this meant that she had been lying to me previously she thought for a moment and then replied "no, before you handsome also, but now you SPECIAL Handsome". I put this down as an aberration to the norm, but was quite happy to be "upgraded" to Special Handsome.

[color:"red"] These girls are prostitiutes, we pay them to act as if they like us, [/color]
- F#ck me!! are you sure??

[color:"red"] Do you really think they like fat smelly foriengers all over them night after night [/color]
- I resent the suggestion that I am FAT (a slight pot belly maybe, but a longgggggg way from smothering a BG).

[color:"red"] get real [/color]
- why?

You should know there is a fairly significant Indian population in Thailand. Often, they do well in business and there are issues; others can address that. I doubt you will get turned away and I doubt there will be any overt hostility. I suspect it will make a difference once folks realize you are an American and not a resident. I am sure you have had some less than perfect experiences in the U.S. related to skin color--same, same Thailand. I think you will enjoy the visit.

:D

Just dont tell them you make "fall apart suits " on the Suk !!

One they know your a brit or Yank you should be welcome 99.99% of places...

Q-baris very popular with wealthy Indian guys. Good place to hang out. I reccon its also important what you wear. A black African in a god suit etc is going to be more welcome than one in "Hip hop gear " !!

manners and a smile open many doors.

Wow, I am so happy this came up.

I am Black American, making my 1st trip to Nana plaza in late May. I was of studying up and actually starting to feel good about escaping racial stereotypes for a few days and enjoying a few hot BGs.

I mean check this profile from the classroom:

http://www.classroom1.com/ooy146.htm

...she like "Black guys!"

In the states I have had high class providers turn me down and I have been turned away from the best asian massage parlours in Manhattan. That's a real blow to the ego. I am a young wealthy surgeon, translation cocky a$$hole walking.

But "members only" is not acceptable.

My advice is make the best of it according to the veterans the odd of your cash opening door is in you favor... and mine. fingers crossed.

My advice is make the best of it according to the veterans the odd of your cash opening door is in you favor... and mine. fingers crossed.

Don't forget to post a Trip Report! I am sure I am not the only person who would be greatly interested in hearing about your first hand experiances in Thailand on this subject (and I guess it would be of great interest for any others with similar concerns) in addition to the usual interest in "everyones favourite hobby" :D

I am quite envious of you making your first trip, I think folk who have been to Thailand a few times (or so!) tend to forget (and also miss) the buzz from the first visit from the sheer excitement of the place and how it can be so mind blowingly different from anything previously experianced or imagined.

Another six months to my next trip............. :( :(

One girl i went with even left the hotel door open until she had checked the room out etc.... She told me she had been caught out a few times... other guys joining in etc.

Another girl told me that 2 girls got gang raped for 5 hours by a group of them etc. The girls told the bar owners etc and soem "locals|" where sent off to deal with the matter. Bet those Africans are on the missing list !!

This to me is rape. men who do stuff like this deserve to be done by the police or catch aids.

Ive listened to the sick way some of the Africans talk to the girls.... They are so rude and stupid. Glad they are not liked. They have 0 % respect for women. .They should all be sent home. Note that many countries now refuse to give visa to them.

Last trip I did witness some immigration officers at the airport been very very rude toa group of Indians on a business trip (Now this group could have at least got someone who speaks English etc to tell them all what to do etc....??? I mentioned to one of the officers that a international airport was not the place to show such rudeness.... (what happens outside the airport is their Business !!)

Archived