Any racism in Bangkok nightlife?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another_Guy said:

Back to the original post. I have been in town a while. My friend who is Indian but who has lived in canada all his life had no problems. We went out to many places and never once had a problem in 1.5 months and we went out just about every night.

Good Luck

Have you tired getting into " Long Gun?"

Tried twice to get in but each time it was " members only." Must have been my chipped tooth. Scares the hell out of everyone when I smile. And this is the land of smiles, right?

Never asked how to be a member perhaps I will next time. I'll even take my own ballpoint pen to fill in the membership form.

Did you get in A_G? Any hassles ?

Shit.

<<Just wondering if you have ever tried to enter one of them. What reception did you get. >>

There used to be a place like that just opposite Gullivers, large sign "Japanese Only"

I wouldd go in there about once every few weeks, get thrown out, make them appologise, they appologise, come back a few weeks later.

Was quite good fun, almost sad the place has closed down.

DOG

Are there any onther reasons for this Japs only rule??

Do they treat the girls better?? ( I thought they could be a bit naughty those japanese lads ?)

Are they more "clean " than us?? ie do they insist on condoms etc???

I thought Thais didnt like the Japanese, Because they look down on the Thais??

or is it just the $$ thing??

hey jjsuhi and LondonLuke,

Where can an American black guy p4p. From what I hear its probably not a good idea to consult one of the similarly colored Nigerian dudes, for fear of etting scammed or worse. (please dont mistake that comment for racism, just a cautious avoidance of trouble). And I cant seem to find chocolate steves posts on the search.

Where should I go in Bangkok for p4p?

I figured out maybe CM2... follow the hip hop music(eventhough I am not a fan).

What about massage places?

Thanks

Mroutcall.

i reccon you will have a good time most places. Its attitude and dress that make difference. Depends what you like etc. Music wise and lady wise????

Might suggest you leave the big football shirts and gansta trousers at home !! Your accent will also help. Saw one guy at Angels having problem with the security... until he spoke to them. Calm ,polite and it was "green light go" !! he was in.

Most of th eNigerians dont venture out... they hang out near th eGrace hotel area soi 3 -7 . Remeber to hang out along the Suk after the bars have closed. The street life is good fun etc.

Just chill out and get laid.. easy !!

mroutcall said:

hey jjsuhi and LondonLuke,

Where can an American black guy p4p. From what I hear its probably not a good idea to consult one of the similarly colored Nigerian dudes, for fear of etting scammed or worse. (please dont mistake that comment for racism, just a cautious avoidance of trouble). And I cant seem to find chocolate steves posts on the search.

Where should I go in Bangkok for p4p?

I figured out maybe CM2... follow the hip hop music(eventhough I am not a fan).

What about massage places?

Thanks

I have never seen an American Black guy have a problem getting in any of the main farang oriented venues. Thais seem to know the difference between an African and an African American at sight. Don't ask me how, maybe it is mannerisms or demeanor aside from the obvious language.

Just keep in mind a good attitude and plenty of smiles can overcome most forms of discrimination in P4P. Girls always love guys who want to have fun and spend money.

i once got denied entrance to a Patpong venue with some members only bullshit given to me by an unknowing doorgirl, the mamsan quickly rectifed things because I was a regular customer.

It seems that the doorgirl attempted to deny me entrance because a few days earlier there was a brawl in the bar by some Americans from the military who dressed the same as I did. I usually dress hip-hop/skater boy style and I keep a really close hair cut military style.

I primarily go to discos in BKK so I am not completely up to speed on the go-go bars. When I do go to the bars I see all ethnicities.

I can't tell u much about massage parlors because I have not been to one in years. The last one I went to was a Chuwit owned place and I went with some Thai friends.

I'm betting that Another_Guy is not Indian or looks like one.

Typically Indian, Middle-Eastern or even Black looking people going to farang-oriented places alone or together are more likely to experience discrimination.

If they are with farang or Far East Asian friends, they are less likely to have "issues".

I don't expect the door girls to know the difference between Africans vs. African-American, or Indian vs. Arabs, American vs. non-American and such.

P.S. "Jap" is a f.ucking offensive term similarly to "chink" "gook" "honkey" or "niggers". Somehow, these threads always show anti-Japanese sentiments among board members.

Shit-Spattered Dog said:
Another_Guy said:

Back to the original post. I have been in town a while. My friend who is Indian but who has lived in canada all his life had no problems. We went out to many places and never once had a problem in 1.5 months and we went out just about every night.

Good Luck

Have you tired getting into " Long Gun?"

Tried twice to get in but each time it was " members only." Must have been my chipped tooth. Scares the hell out of everyone when I smile. And this is the land of smiles, right?

Never asked how to be a member perhaps I will next time. I'll even take my own ballpoint pen to fill in the membership form.

Did you get in A_G? Any hassles ?

Shit.

Archived