Quick Nightlife help for up country please

radioman

I am about to set off on an up country visit. This is a work trip and will last for three weeks. Much time will be spent on the road but I am hopeful of finding some places with reasonable nigh time fun. No stops will be more than 1 night for now so I need some solid info if possible. Okay the schedule looks a bit like this.

20th April 2005 Start

Wed Phitsanuloke

Thur Chiang Mai

Fri Phu Hin Rong Klar, but probably stop in Loei

Week 2

Mon Ubon Ratchathani

Tue Sakhon Nakhon

Wed Udon Thani

Thu Khon Kaen

Week3

Wed Surat Thani

The weekends will be spent in Bangkok and the missing days from the above are for places I am already familiar with, Pattaya etc.

Anybody familiar with P4P and other fun things to do in these towns please advise.

Cheers,

M.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k. Sakhon Nakhon has a disco! SOme of the girls are friendly, sadly, so are some of the guys... :( But, you can meet and talk, don't count on pulling though...but it could happen... Also, theM.J. Hotel, has a Karake lounge as does another hotel...not so sure about the M.J. but the other place you can maybe pull a girl from. But Try the M.J. as well...

Udon Thani. Mambo disco in the Napali hotel. is quite popular and always has great looking girls there. It doesn't get going till later tho. Mr Tongs is an excellent choice. As is the Aussie pub. Both of those are near Complex. If you are looking for naughty life, then ask a som law driver. He can take you 24/7. I have also had success asking some of the shadier looking hotel staff for delivery. Might not get the best looking birds, but they work just fine, but I aint picky either.

Z

Khon Kaen: beer bars with 2 or 3 girls in front of the novotel (I hear brothels behind the novotel too, did not check), but if Chiang mai is Pattaya after a nuclear strike, KK is CM after one too :-(.

That's Ok, on the same street, more thai style live bands disco (minimum thai required, though they are smarting up on english). This street leads, within a short walk into the big nighlife road, with clubs and live bands, golden youth type in attendance, girls skin fairer than in BKK, and my preferred one, DJ-operated P172, with gogo dancers, but not an a-gogo, thai scene of course, and the accidental farangs. Not easy to meet chicks, but as always, a matter of probabilities, out of the hundreds in attendance, one has the hots for you, all you need really, and farangs are hot property in provincial thailand now.

Ubon: stay at the Grand Nevada, and visit their basement disco, "the rock". here too, never failed to meet up some cool chick (or even, woman, ouh lala!), a modicum of thai even more important than in KK, though i always attracted the few who spoke english.

2 or 3 real a-gogos-cum-karaokes, behind the small night market, on Chayangkun, the main Ubon artery.

Chiang Mai:

Gogo - Spotlight, Foxy Lady and Star Six are easiest to find.

Beer Bars - Loy Kroh Road around the moat and Chiang Mai Entertainment Complex (CEC) also on Loy Kroh and a short walk from the aforementioned. Ask some bar girls for directions.

Soapy - Sayuri

Great Bars/Discos with GTGs - Warm Up, Song Salung, Fashion House (after 1:00 am). As hotel or Tuk Tuk for directions.

Caution - avoid street walkers. Especially bad in Chiang Mai.

That should take care of you for one night.

jxxxl said:

Chiang Mai:

Gogo - Spotlight, Foxy Lady and Star Six are easiest to find.

Beer Bars - Loy Kroh Road around the moat and Chiang Mai Entertainment Complex (CEC) also on Loy Kroh and a short walk from the aforementioned. Ask some bar girls for directions.

Soapy - Sayuri

Great Bars/Discos with GTGs - Warm Up, Song Salung, Fashion House (after 1:00 am). As hotel or Tuk Tuk for directions.

Caution - avoid street walkers. Especially bad in Chiang Mai.

That should take care of you for one night.

Hi JX

Good info.

Btw...that Spotlight Go Go has to be the sadest one i have ever seen?....

:p

They have a novotel in KK? can't say I ever saw one. Do you mean the sofitel Rajah? Best nightlife in KK last trip was the cafe in the princess hotel next to the kosa. I don't know if the education system in KK is outstanding but KK is the only place apart from Pattya where singers in a cafe spoke exceptional english. The best karaoke I have ever seen is in the basement of the sofitel in KK. Sadly the soi of karaoke's a cafe and KK only 'a go go' has almost closed down.

In Ubon I stayed at the laithong not far from the see saw club. I think the see saw has been around a long time and is a very interesting cafe in that they play every kind of music from lukrung to morlam cing and chinese. Laithong has a lovely cafe lounge, bloke on the sax and piano and very good lukrung singers. The guys closed the evening playing cliff richard numbers which I had never heard in LOS and of interest as there was something of a cliff cult in the early 60's in LOS-peter

Archived