31 Years Later

buddha10

I was last in BK in the early 70's. I can barely remember where I stayed because my cousin convinced me to join him in partaking of the largest joints I had ever seen in my life. He was virtually crippled (in a stupor) and I, for the life of me, can't remember much more than the name of the girl I spent a LT with.

My question is, what should I expect of BK over 30 years past the prime of my youth. I will be there for 10 days at the beginning of May.

Thanks for your help with this. [color:"black"] [/color]

>can't remember much more than the name of the girl I spent a LT with. My question is, what should I expect of BK over 30 years past the prime of my youth.<

Was BK a nice girl? She might still be doing LTs out of the Thermae so go have a look.

:chili:

I think I went 23 years between trips--1977 to 2000. Lot of things, you'll think you never left. Some of the bad things like traffic (or at least getting around) have improved thanks to the sky train and expressways. The nightlife scene is even more commercialized, although Patpong could be pretty hard core in the 70's. Oh, yes and all of the taxis have meters and most of the drivers will use them. And the formaldyhide (sp) is no longer nearly as noticeable in the Singha.

:beer:

Buddha10,

First thing, forget the joints this trip, or else you may end up spending the next 31 years here, instead of 10 days.

Second, you are testament to my theory that...no one visits LOS...once, however WTF took you so long to come back?? You will need at least 3 or 4 minutes after hitting Suk, to adjust...some things have changed in 30 years...like prices for example...but some things never change... Suggest you wear sunglasses for the first day or so to hide the ..."kid in a candy store" look. Otherwise it's gunna cost you heaps. You may as well have Handsum man, Dark ling & ATM tattooed on your forehead...hehehe !!

Hang loose and enjoy...but 10 days...nowhere near enough..reckon you'll be back by Xmas !!

Cheers Dumsoda

Archived