Caterpillar & Timberland boots

El_Tel

Why? they SUCK!! Shitty quality work boots to say the least... I had both, and will never buy them again! Timberland was o.k. but only had slippery soles on them, no good on oil etc... Catipillar shoes (maybe made byt Wolverine?) suck big time, split in the toes, and wear out really fast. Just my opinion...I only buy Redwings now.

I wear steel toed saftey shoes everyday, Just about anything but Redwings gets killed by the oils, chemicals and moisture they get exposed to. I had Catapillar boots that lasted about 6 months of daily use in the elements and around the oils I work with...but hey, maybe I got a bad pair! :) I also don't find Cats much cheaper than Redwings, maybe just in SFO area, where everything seems more expensive...

Come to think of it...I think I did see Timberlands in BKK...forget where...I want to Say MBK, but I think that is wrong...maybe they just looked like Timberlands? They had the boots (A few pairs) and also the shoes...theshoes I like! Need to pick up a pair for casual dress!

Hi,

Timberlands web page gives this telephone number 02-374-0021 to find out the location of stores selling their shoes.

Else I've heard the shoes are made in Indonesia so maybe check if in Djakarta, some say China and both may be true. :)

elef

Old Hippie said:

I wear steel toed saftey shoes everyday, Just about anything but Redwings gets killed by the oils, chemicals and moisture they get exposed to. I had Catapillar boots that lasted about 6 months of daily use in the elements and around the oils I work with...

I'm not going to even guess what you do for a living!

I want CAT's for street shoes. Not to wear when I'm scrubbing out the inside of an oil tanker. ::

• 2 weeks later...

Archived