Dentist in Bangkok? Dental Hospital Soi 49?

Jonny69

I was a patient at the Dental Hospital, and got 4 Root Canals, Post and Caps, along with 4 teeth removed and a Cleaning in the space of 3 weeks.

I recommend the facility highly. However, you do have to light a fire under them, and they will get it done for you. Ask for a planning meeting, on the first visit, I involved the assistant Director, of the hospital.

Cost was about 40% of what it would have been in the states.

Sporty

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by boemba:

I am a phobiac myself. I frequently suffer through the procedures, sometimes with racing pulse. I sometimes think I will pass out. I take some sedatives and a beta-blocker(to slow the heart beat) before I go, which somewhat helps. What kind of drugs did they give you? One more question, the dentist that gave them to you worked on children, did he also do the work on you?

Anyway, good advice, I may ask for similar treatment next time.

I don't know exactly what they gave me, but I was VERY happy. They said it was what they usually give to whimps like me. They even made me calling my wife to hold my hand. Very patient doctor, she only laughed when I nearly hit her accidently.

I have put off that dental visit for about five years, but had to go because of bleeding gums. Luckily no holes or anything, just cleaning up work.

I have no idea why I am so terrified of dentists, I never had toothache, have still all my teeth except the wisdom teeth (removed under full anasthesia), and have not more than three or four fillings, the last one done about 7 years ago.

It was the best and nicest treatment I ever had. Just tell them straight away that you are an extreme phobiac. They know what to do.

I posted this recently elsewhere on the board, but for the price concerned....I had a great crown for 4,000 Baht done by the dentist on soi Cowboy...no waiting. I believe the turnaround was 4 or 5 days.

The US dentist said I should have a root canal at the same time and the Thai dentist said "baloney" (not literally...doesn't speak English). It's been three years and no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for your replies. I just came back from my trip to LOS and would like to give some short feedback.

I went to Dental Hospital in Soi 49 and was quite happy with them although I had lots of appointments, the last one on the day of my return flight. Unfortunately it was difficult to get out of BKK, due to appointments on every other day or so.

Prices:

Root canal treatment (three visits): 7500 B

Crown (three visits + material): 15000 B

Didn't make it to Woodstock, what a shame. But almost died of alcohol poisoning nevertheless. One more reason to return to LOS..

Jonny69

Wow!

I was gonna start a dentistry thread, I log on and Bam! (to quote Emeril), there's one already there.

My question is this: does anybody have any experience with "inlays" or "veneers?"

I'm told that an inlay is less invasive than a crown. My wife needs several of them. The dentist says many of her fillings are getting old and shrinking. The preferred method is to remove these fillings and replace them with an "inlay." The friggin things cost 800USD each! Also, a veneer is a "cover" placed, permanently, over the tooth to hide discoloration, etc. She needs one and they want 1,000USD. All told, we're talking 3,500USD, more or less.

I've convinced her we (I laugh.gif" border="0 ) could have a LOT more fun and save a bundle if we went to LOS to have the work done. It seems we could get first class treatment from an excellent doctor and still save a bundle. She's a bit apprehensive, but she'll do almost anything to save a few hundred/thousand bucks smile.gif" border="0

Also, directions to the Dental Clinic?

Also, any particular dentists to recommend? You could privately e-mail me if you don't wanna post the DDS name on the board.

Thanks a lot!

PhordPhan

cool.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: PhordPhan ]

In Pattaya, you can try the best hospital and dental clinic in the region called Bangkok Pattaya Hospital located off Sukhumvit Highway and near North Pattaya Road.

You can try their website at www.bph.co.th . I was very impressed with their services and reasonable price.

quote:

Originally posted by Bey:

Well, I was also looking for dentist info.

I need Nitris Oxide (laughing gas) even for cleaning. Has anyone had this in BKK and where?

I had my first visit to Soi 49 today, family outing actually, so I asked about this for you. The dentist said that they would discuss this with individual patients but the gas was available if they wanted it. (Have you seen Steve Martin in 'Little Shop of Horrors?!?) She was delightful, as were many of the people we dealt with during the couple of hours we were there.

As far as veneers are concerned I have several on my front teeth which I had done on the NHS 10 years ago in the UK after my dentist submitted an application for me based on my psychological suffering due to my naff teeth! It worked!! One came off a couple of years ago and for reasons of economy as my insurance didn't cover dental stuff, the dentist just sort of rebuilt the surface of the tooth with amalgam. Looked fine and it's still there.

No cavities for me but I had X-rays and a very thorough and deep cleaning and I think the bill would have been a little under B2000 but my insurance now covers the lot so I just signed something. What was odd was that when I was signing all the bills one of the receptionist/cashiers said that the dentist had suggested I have all the veneers replaced whereas she had actually said they were fine. As I'm fairly sure this kind of cosmetic stuff is NOT covered on my insurance, I said 'No thanks'.

It is a very nice place, loads to read and a nice coffee corner with great chocolate fudge cake - presumably the dentists are short of patients. My kids, one of which was terrified before we went, had a great time and are looking forward to going back next week! I will try to get hold of a price list, though they may well vary that depending on your insurance cover!

LG

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

Archived