Thai girl jumps........

Just heard a 23 year old Thai girl took a jump off the Victory Monument BTS station platform, and died. Police checked her mobile, and there was a messege from her farang bf, saying he wanted to end it. A friend of the girl's, said she was despondent over that, and is why she jumped.

Playing with a Thai girl's heart can be both dangerous to you, and tragic for her. What a shame....... :(

I don't have many details, as matter is under investigation, trying to find out from bf what really happened, and his involvement with her. Was on Thai TV, from what I understand.

Anyone know more?

HT

There was a case similar to this at Victory monument (no connection with a farang bf AFAIK though) a couple of weeks ago.

I would guess that this is the same incident and maybe is only becoming news now because of subsequent events like family suing BTS or something.

Who knows...maybe the same incident or maybe a new one.

Cheers

farangman

Hi Fargman,

Sorry I can't offer more. Heard from a friend tonight living there. Sounded like happended in the last few days, but maybe not. That is why I was asking. Hard to believe that happened 2 times at the same place within a couple of weeks, so quite possibly, the same incident. :dunno:

HT

Today's BKK Post:

Woman kills self

SUICIDE:A secretary to a private firm, suffering from stress, jumped to her death from the Victory Monument Skytrain station yesterday morning.

Police found the body of Natthaya Jaibanjong, 23, on Phayathai road at 8 am. The woman worked as a secretary in the Asia Pacific Co's law section in Sukhumvit.

Her colleagues said the woman had suffered from stress after ending her relationship with her American boyfriend who also worked in the same company. Police found 1,900 baht cash and anti-stress pills in her handbag.

Hi,

I wonder what the suicide rate is in Thailand for this type of thing? I do know the rate is high there, overall, but wonder how high for jilted lovers. I wonder if many Thai guys kill themselves over being jilted?

Outside of Thai/Thai relationships, seems as though some non-Thai guys get enraged, and kill the girl. A Thai girl's reaction sometimes seems to be to dis-associate a farang boyfriends exstremity from the reason of discontent. ::

Poor Natthaya..... :( What a sad end to such a young life. I just can't help but wonder if was some idiot Westerner who did not realize/understand Thai culture, all that well. And did not understand that you cannot play with a Thai girl's heart. Commitment is expected to mean something there, much more so, than in many other places.

At least that has been my experience. You have to wonder about Thai family, also. If was in fact, a case of a Westerner playing a Thai girl, you can just imagine how Thai family feels about farang now. :(

I really do wonder sometimes about the mass intrusion of Western culture intruding on the Thai culture. We often think of the economic factors of this, but there are other factors, that are not so much seen. Although I don't know the true situation, I can't help but think maybe Natthaya might still be alive, if not for our presence. It does have it's cost on the Thai society, and their culture, in many forms.

Is the realitively recent 'development/growth of Thailand really good for them? And is at what cost to them? Poor Natthaya will never be factored into the equasion. She will be forgetten next week, and the economic growth machine will move foreward, spewing great success, making even more inroads into the landscape (Westernization of Thailand). Somehow, I think Natthaya's family will not understand any of this, and cry at the developement of their homeland.

You don't get to be a secretary with a law firm, without a college education, which is mostly very hard for a Thai family to accomplish, for any of their children, and often takes exstreme hardships for them to do.

HT

I heard that she actually broke up with him, that the police took a picture of the two of them together from her cell phone and supplied it to the Thai Rath newspaper, who managed to develop a distorted story regarding this sad occurence.

As usual, all is not as it first appears.

Hi,

"I just can't help but wonder if was some idiot Westerner who did not realize/understand Thai culture, all that well. And did not understand that you cannot play with a Thai girl's heart. Commitment is expected to mean something there, much more so, than in many other places."

I'm sorry, HT, but give me a fucking break!

Your not seriously thinking that this doesn't happen to non-Thai girls? Doesn't happen in Thai-Thai relationships?

Not everything is due to Farang influence. For all we knew this girl was totally mental.

Sanuk!

Maybe it's time for me to write again about the Chinese-Thai newspaper reporter who gunned down her AUA English teacher in a bank. The fellow was in his mid 20s and colleagues said he wasn't even shagging the gal. But she bought a pistol on the black market and tracked him down. Fired 5 rounds (I think it was) at her teacher, 4 of them hitting him.

Oh, yeah .. the court turned the gal loose saying she was mentally unbalanced.

:banghead:

p.s. Wonder if they gave her back her pistol?

Archived