Thailand fever - readmap for thai-western couples

chilli13

http://thailandfever.com/inside/index.html

yes there's actually a book out there like that & a free preview of first 35pages can be read following the link. and the good part is that theres dual pages meaning both thai/english writing ;)

auther is thai woman co-authered by US guy I guess?

seems like a clear winner recommended by stickman if that means anything to you!

• 2 months later...

HI,

My Thai teacher here is the Thai author, She is divorced, not sure if from a farang or Thai husband, currently engaged to a farang, she is a very nice lady, and very helpful. The farang "authority" is /was a student at the temple here, I believe he lives mainly in Mae Hong Song now.

The book is "helpful" but I felt was off on 2 points, one, I felt telling your family she had worked in Nightlife was a case to case basis, and not an absolute "tell them up front" type thing. I felt best to not bring it up at all. Admitting it could cause problems with some people and set the tone, and denying out of context looked like damage control. Points the Thai author agreed with, and the Farang disagreed with. Most people who discussed this, felt best to go case to case.

I also disagreeed with the importance of meeting a girls family. Over the years, I have met many parents, and it ment nothing to anyone involved. I've met BG'sfamilies, and GTG's families etc, didn't seem to matter, I was just some guy, not sure how I was presented to them... But over all a decent book, with good information

Archived