French and Thailand

drogon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thais don't know what Korean sounds like, so you could probably get away with teaching them French and claiming it was Korean.

ROTFLMAO :D :D

These things are always funnier when they contain an element of truth :D :D :D

• 2 months later...
Prosal said:
[

Enculé d'ta mère, moi j'kiff les putes Thai et j'vais t'niquer ta race ....

Classic!! made a new cultural discovery a couple of weeks ago on a saturday evening while strolling along Champs Elysées. Need to do that at least once to understand why parisians just avoid the place like plague over the WE. While strolling the street passing by herds of suburban arabs, one guy besides us screamed "Encule d'ta mere!"

Looked over to check wether it was adressed to us but it appeared the jogging wearing screamer had just spotted a friend across the walking path and that was his very personal way to attract his attention. i e for the buggers, the accurate way to greet someone is pretty much : "Go fuck your mother up the ass ". A very raffinate subculture indeed! Whites of the same estates look pretty much the same BTW

Read an interesting article a little while ago as well about the new suburban estate slang in France. Writer claimed their vocabulary is so limited people there now face a huge communication barrier when confronted to situation where a french conversation is need. A very serious social handicap

• 1 month later...

[color:"blue"]did not know there were french courses in thailand high schools,

thought it was english and that's all.

[/color]

French or Japanese, or German is REQUIRED in HS (11 and 12th grade) as the second foreign language if the kids are in general major, that is not specilaized in science.

Thammasart has the faculty of liberal arts where ones can major in French which did not exist when I was there 38 years ago.

Many educated Thais study in France, in fact I just heard from my old professor in Thammasart who is a "Docteur en Droit" from France.

France has grants for Thais to study in France and a few daring souls do go there. I had a chance also after finishing HS in Thailand but I figured that I was better off studying in England or the USA for my English was better than French then and still now :o Believe me I have no regrets especially seeing many well educated Thai women wasted their career on pityful jobs in France, Switzerland for limited opportunities (no flame is intended here). One of them is a very good friend of mine.

French is NOT a popular language, my niece who is in HS in the North of Thailand hates it, and her teachers cannot speak French beyond "Comment allez-vous?" but French is alive and well with many Thais.

This Thai born here is studying darn hard now because she just loves the darn language, it gives me a lot of headaches but I am still learning it. :: And my poor Hubby just shakes his head in dismay, he does not understand why I am torturing myself!!!

Jasmine

you are right, Jasmine

forget about French; it is not popular anywhere; just spoken in France, smaller parts of Belgium (Wallonie) and Switzerland (west) and some parts of Black Africa (with some strange accent though). its grammar is much more difficult than english, it is difficult to pronounce and native speakers give a shit to slow down when they speak with foreigners.

today's most popular second foreign language in Thailand is Chinese. i observe that many private school offer chinese classes straight from Phor 1; many with native chinese speaker. problem at public school is that no teachers speak any mandarin/putonghua. very few probably a bit of Tae Jiu, but why bother with any chinese dialect.

Yes French is loosing ground to English.....

though it is still spoken:

France-Belgium-Switzerland (quite widely)

Quebec-Cambodia (not much anymore)- very large parts of Africa

Congo-Rwanda-Burundi-Algeria-tunisia-Morroco-Senegal etc.....

Drogon,

Don't forget "frances" is very well spoken by prostitutes all over the latin world :hubba:

"Hacer un frances" = "To do a french" = to give a blow job. Tasty language :grinyes:

drogon said:

Yes French is loosing ground to English.....

though it is still spoken:

France-Belgium-Switzerland (quite widely)

Quebec-Cambodia (not much anymore)- very large parts of Africa

Congo-Rwanda-Burundi-Algeria-tunisia-Morroco-Senegal etc.....

Belgium-Switzerland: as said only in certian minority parts of those countries (Wallonie; western part of Switzerland); Canada: less and less; Africa yes, but sometimes with very strange accents.

Cambodia and Vietnam: some very old people still can speak some french (Vive l'indochine!) not so younger ones!

Archived