Movies that still shock/stand test of time....??

Guest baldrick

Almost forgot... "Irreversible' a french movie from Gaspard Noe, available in DVD in Thailand... Really difficult to go through the first 10 mns of ultra violent insanity in an underground gay dark room... a while later the 15mn anal rape of Monica Bellucci in a parisian pedestrian tunnel immediatly followed with an extremely violent beat up is breathtaking to say the least...

Gaspard Noe's first movie 'Seul contre Tous ' is another agressive must see, but violence there is much less pictural - actually we hear the rageous and sometimes delirious thoughts of the hero during the whole movie .

A very healthy change from french drames bourgeois...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Watch scum, theres a brutal rape scene by three young men on one victim (male) in a greenhouse, he then cuts his wrists open in his prison cell and bleeds to death!

Nervous_Dog said:

Watched the Exorcist last night, had the wife in fear, stands the time I think. Also watched the new version (Wild Saturday night out - at the VCD shop)

It was very good too

Agree, the directors cut is also good - still a great shocking movie!

randomshots said:The kiwi 'Once were Warriors' is another name popping up my mind, set a new suspicious light on New Zealand

I went to New Zealand after seeing this movie and visited some bars in south Auckland that had some rough looking Maori guys with the moko tatts on their faces. It was also the first time I tried Steinlager. :beer:

ND said

Once Were warriors, great movie, I arrived in Auckland as it premiered, was the talk of town (The movie, not me )

Really disturbing movie

I was trying to think of the name of that movie when i saw the title of this thread.

The movie was so disturbing because it seemed so real.

You could almost feel the violence it was that realistic.

A lot of people walked out of that movie because they couldn't handle it.

Jake was a real piece of work.

• 1 month later...

Archived