Stable Lodge Hotel

Coss

Stable Lodge Hotel has served me well over the years, so it is with some regret that I give a slightly less than positive report.

I was here two weeks ago for two nights and had no complaints, didn't eat and hardly slept here.

Came back for a weeks stay and got a room that smelt a bit, OK open the window for five minutes.

Drains were clogged, but better the next day.

Bathroom smelt like Lysol (Sodium Hydroxide) to the extent I had to put wet towels over the drains and hand-basin. Still the stench of drain cleaner got worse, it was 4 in the morning, I slept with the windows open. Next day I discovered the cause, the towels (guest towels) were impregnated with this extremely caustic stuff. I complained and was told that they hadn't been dried properly.

The maid keeps forgetting to put water in my room.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant the other day, the previous time I'd eaten there it was terrible, 5 years ago, things can change right? Wrong, I had poached eggs with bacon, How can you burn the yolks of poached eggs? We ordered two kinds of Yum Woon Sen, and whilst edible, both the Girl Fiend Du Jour and I agreed, they were no good.

On the positive side, the pool is good, the day receptionists are cute, the aircon is quiet and it's equidistant from Soi Cowboy and Nana.

I might stay here again.

Cheers

Coss

the best thing about the Stable Lodge are the balconies.

The situation changed drastically, for me about 2-3 years ago when they started building yet another condo right accross the street. I can not take the noise.

It seems like only yesterday, going to sleep at night, getting woken up in the middle of the night, looking outside, and seeing Soi 10 getting leveled!!

I wish I had a camera that night.

Was it not noisy? When I was around Soi 8 a month or so ago, I thought that construction was still going on...

Dude_Le_Rude said:

Was it not noisy? When I was around Soi 8 a month or so ago, I thought that construction was still going on...

Yes a little noisy, but I can sleep through a BJ so it doesn't worry me.

Cheers

Coss

I tried this hotel two weeks ago, stayed one night and checked out and went to Fortuna. Only room was left for me was somekind of superior room, it cost 200 more than the rooms my friends had. My room was smaller, dirtier, no remote controlled aircon like my friends had and no double bed. The swimming pool sucks, terrible noise. Only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the restaurant serves really tasty Danish smörrebröd.

Dude_Le_Rude said:

the best thing about the Stable Lodge are the balconies.

i agree, the balconies are the best. I was there 5 years ago, i was not impressed, lazy desk staff, useless safety box, swimming pool crowded with shouting farang kids, our superior room was dirty (my GF find some hairs on the pillows when we arrive?!?, bathroom was unclean, and the hotel has the smallest elevator in the world.

Archived