stomach ulcers

thai3

When i first went to Asia my thai uncle turned me on to something called "FIVE PAGODAS" it is soldin a little jar and you can get it anywhere in thailand and certainly at most large Asian markets in the US. when you take it with warm watewr it feels like you have eaten an entire pack of Cool cigarttes in one dose {very menthol}. i dont know why it works buy it works. It makes your tummy feel much, much better right away. I eat alot of Vegetables, fruit and I love real yogurt{not sugary crap}. eating smaller meals and not eating until I am full also helps. Good Luck and try the "FIVE PAGODAS". laugh.gif" border="0

I recommend avoiding milk/dairy as it contains lactose which is broken down to lactic acid in the stomach ... try soy milk and yogurt ... tastes great without any irritating effects. Also, coated aspirin or tylenol should be O.K.

As far as the pharmaceuticals, most people get the best results with Prilosec; and the one a day regimine is convenient.

Also, instead of a couple of large meals, go with several snacks or smaller meals.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter G:

did you find any alternative therapy which worked? The anti acids only see to help, but not to cure the problem.-peter

Would like to add my two cents worth. I've gone through anti acids, Tagamet and Zantac over the last 23 years along with a round of meds to treat HP, and have recently, in the last year, been using Prilosec/Previcid. I have not had as much as a twinge. I don't smoke or drink to any extent but I eat anything and everything with spice in it from Thai food to Tabasco pepper sauce, without a problem. Strongly recommend the PPI's and good luck.

Archived