Soi 33

Coss

shotover said:

2 of the maids in my condo complex went to work at a Soi 33 bar about 2 months ago.

Outstanding! There are a couple of workers along Soi 33 that we refer to as "cleaning ladies". I guess I won't be throwing that term around so loosely anymore!

Those girls would have made great subjects for Dean Barrett's photo book, for before and after pics.

You really do find all types on Soi 33. Most common is my old friend, THE WITCH, who works in the bar only long enough to obtain sponsorship, then returns to repeat the cycle. Another one went freelance and can be found in places like Rivas. I've met a bunch of other ex 33 lasses in the beer bars on Soi 22 and Asoke.

Then there was the one a few weeks ago. She was soooo prim and proper when she was serving Braddock, Solohunter and me. Then, a few nights later, I see her in Farangman's arms and she's saying, "I've got three holes, and you can shoot in any one". LOL

The first girl I ever took from 33 was actually barfined by my friend. She spoke zero English, so I wasn't able to speak with her in the bar. When he stuck her in a taxi with me, I found out she was able to say two words, "four thousand". She was pretty hot though, a new hire and former salesgirl from the Emporium. She had fair skin and a fabulous body, and she didn't last long in the bar. I'm sure a sponsor plucked her out of there right away.

I agree that most girls are happy with 3K though. Earlier, I said most girls "aspire" to 4K because I haven't pulled from there in a while, so I quoted the high end. Suadum may be right about lady drink prices. I can't remember, to be honest.

I don't think I've met you yet, Shotover. If you're living in Bangers, it's about time we get together for a drink, next time I'm around.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gummigut said:

Always wondered how much actually barfining goes on in Soi 33.

Hi gummi,

No idea on the average, but the quota for my former friend in Goya was three offs a month, compared with 6, 8, or more in Nana/Cowboy. This might indicate that the number of actual offs is lower.

On the subject of "where are they now" there is another former friend from Lookie Lookie who I saw a few months ago working in a bar in Sukhumvit Plaza, Soi 1.

I agree with others that generally the girls in 33 come from the same backgrounds as Nana/Cowboy girls but, arguably, they are generally better looking - or maybe it's just the clothes and the smarter decor that creates that illusion.

Khwai

suadum said:

Lady drinks in most bars are ~B90 happy hour and B150-B180 unhappy hour. Notable exception is Demonia (ex-Cave), where I think that they are B300.

BTW, good seeing you last night. Mia noi with me thought that you were a "cute drunk".

Hi Black Tiger (Shirt? . . . those damned tones.) Good seeing you too, Minor Wife combines nice looks with grace and politeness (that?s not just the Smirnoff talking). Surely she has one negative quality to ying the yang.

Re: Soi 33 prices, I paid a visit to said Soi 33 bar Sunday night and was told by younger ex-maid that BFs are 1,000 baht (haven?t discussed ST/LT prices yet as she knows my live-in, and her older brother is a security guard at my condo building). Both customer and lady drinks were 90 baht during happy hour, we didn?t stay long enough to check out prices after HH. Discrepancies in what she told me on the different occasions are probably due to my weak Thai language skills.

Later that night she went to NEP to ask a friend working at Lollipop about working at an agogo, as business is sometimes slow at her Soi 33 bar and she speaks no English. She then accompanied me and some friends to the Rainbow 4 bar in NEP, and was wondering if she could muster up the courage to wear the bikini costumes and dance in front of customers. Later she went to the same bar we saw you in Soi Cowboy, and was wide-eyed (like a deer caught in headlights) at the show.

The Cowboy may be too big a leap for her.

gummigut said:

And another relationship bites the dust. Do you know if the husband held a job.

Her husband does maintenance and yard work at a business near my condo. Not aware that he is a cad. She told my live-in that the lady who owns the bar and lives in the same condo building told her and the other maid that they could make more money working at the bar.

Desiring more money and having a friend go to work at a bar are probably common precedents when young ladies start bar careers.

USVirgin said: The first girl I ever took from 33 was actually barfined by my friend. She spoke zero English, so I wasn't able to speak with her in the bar. When he stuck her in a taxi with me, I found out she was able to say two words, "four thousand". . . .

I don't think I've met you yet, Shotover. If you're living in Bangers, it's about time we get together for a drink, next time I'm around.

LOL. Reminds me of the girl who sat next to me in an (the?) Udon Thani agogo whose complete English skills consisted of ?ST 1,000 baht, LT 2,000 baht?. Not even a ?hello, what you name, where you come from? sequence.

I?m in Thailand 6-8 months a year. Next time you come to town, pm me or post on the board, and we?ll get together at some watering hole.

shotover said:

The Cowboy may be too big a leap for her.

Hi shot,

Interesting comment. Once, I took my friend from Goya (1,500 bar fine) down to Cowboy. As we walked into Midnite her reaction was a combination of shock and embarrasment. As we moved on to Shark and others she sort of settled down as she saw that all the bars were basically the same.

I think it would have taken some persuasion to get her on stage in a bikini.

She has now left the scene - last I heard.

Khwai

Archived