Awsome Apartment Soon to be Available in Thong Lo

Mr Pickles

I've been living in a wonderful apartment just off of Sukhumvit on Soi 34 but will be moving at the end of May and thought a fellow member might be interested in a killer place. Of all the apartments I've seen, this one takes the cake. This is not super high end corporate living but it's really a great place.

-Three Bedrooms

-Two Baths one with a bathtub.

-Bar with three bar stools.

-Dining area with table and chairs for five.

-Comfy couch and three separate comfy chairs all of which were just reapolstered.

-Beautiful hardwood floors throughout.

-Hardwood Doors throughout.

-Crown Molding everywhere.

-The wall are wallpapered in a very nice cream color.

-Tons of built in cabinets, desks, vanities, shelves...

-It's huge although I'm not really sure how many square meters.

-Good kitchen with gas stove, oven with a rotiserie and electric backup.

-Washing Machine connection in kitchen.

-One parking space I believe but I don't own a car so not entirely sure.

-Can hear a pin drop at night and during the day mainly hear birds chirping. The soi out front is narrow and you don't get tuk tuk's driving by all day.

-This part of Soi 34 is made up mainly of mansions with four or five high end apartments scattered throughout the soi.

-Great Landlord

-Thirty foot long outside patio at the back of the unit.

-ADSL line already installed from TOT. Good speed most of the time too.

-A seven minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS or a 10 Baht motorbike ride.

-Additional phone line included.

-Four airconditioners.

-Electricity is 5 Baht per unit.

-Water is a flat rate which I think is 200 baht a month not sure about this, but it's cheap.

-No kids are currently living in the building.

-There are only six units in the whole place and our neighbors don't live next door they just use it as a business and I've never heard a peep out of them and there are not a lot of people walking by our front door. It's really like we've got the whole floor to ourselves.

-I think it's occupied all by farlangs.

-The downside to it is that there is no pool or elevator.

-Currently were paying 25K Baht per month and I belive the price will not be incrased for the new tenant.

-Two of these apartments were occupied for over seven years by the same family and they rarely become available. It's a weird Thai thing but they will not allow someone who's interested in the apartment to look at it until it's been vacated but I would gladly allow you to stop by and take a look.

-No I'm not breaking my lease and desperatly looking for someone to move in so I can get my deposit back, just thought I would helpful for someone looking for a nice place to live.

-Move in cost I believe was 80K Baht.

-Six month lease is what I signed.

Cheers

Are you living in the same building as me.....I cannot believe this. I am living in Suthon Place on Soi 34.?? Sounds like exactly the same place.

uniformguy

I used to think so, too, but my experience is different. Farangs sometimes feel they have a right or a duty to interfere with other people's life whereas Thais will mind their own business. I like this.

Oh, and I am noisier than most of my Thai neighbours...

<<Rather live in a building full of farlangs over Thais any day of the week. Farlangs are a hundred times more respectful of other peoples space and live their live much more quietly than Thai's. >>

Have to disagree, have lived in a 80% and 50 % Farang building, Farang's where the noisiest, Thai's don;t sem to party loudly at home when in Bangkok.

Farangs tend to ppart much later at night.

now in a 99% Thai building, had 1 Farang here who constantly played loud music, from 6pm till midnight, he lasted abou 3 weeks before being kickedd out.

All in all, after 5 years, Thais much easier to live with.

DOG

My thai neighbors are pretty awesome when it comes to noise. I'm very lucky because I have slat glass windows without proper frames so most anything comes through.

Good and bad with any bunch :)

Thankfully I don't live near the front of the soi. Traffic and a damn rooster or two. Funny how I don't hear them at all.

<<burp>>

Archived