Orbit/Forte

Paillote

There used to be this interesting disco/nightclub called Forte on soi 24, but one day it was gone. Orbit on soi 26 was more or less the same thing, but it closed as well. I have heard that these clubs have moved. Anybody knows where?

Failing that, anybody knows any place build on the same lest?

Paillote

I met on a Paris/BKK flight the french owner/associate (?) of a club named "Violin" (or something like that) that he described as a VERY upscale place filled with tons of hi-class girls.

Despite his invitation (we spent almost all the trip to get down all the alcoholic beverages availables in the Biz class and to talk) I've not been there as I was only in BKK on a two days stop on my way to Jakarta, but if my memory serves it's around Suk 55 ... or 36 ....

:dunno:

"met on a Paris/BKK flight the french owner/associate (?) of a bar/restaurant named "Violin" (or something like that) that he described as VERY upscale and filled with tons of availables hi-class girls"

Might have been "Piano", in the same area.

Forte is now in RCA, heard something is up about Orbit but nothing clear. Carribean seems to be the new very upscale venue in town.

Lots of info on those bars in bangkoktonight.com

Enjoy!

Prosal anything good last night??

We followed in Buddha bar and latercanos... Graemlins for some reason are not loading but you can imagine...

Random

I keep thinking it was Violin or Violon ... a huge and expensive club/restaurant, mainly for an asian clientele from what the owner said ...... maybe I'll find again his business card and then be able to post the adress .....

Anyway ...... yesterday night I was too tired to follow, stayed with my Venezueliana !

I can imagine that you arrived at the "canos" already quite drunk ..... was it good, tons of garotas as usual ?

:beer:

:up:

Many birds but much more guys... we were quite tired and moved before the real fun started (closing time seems right!)

Hope we make it to Prag this WE.

Catch up later!

PS : birds in Buddha bar were awesome last night, just too bad I feel too lazy/shy to chat them up... might be all those years in Thailand

randomshots said:

"met on a Paris/BKK flight the french owner/associate (?) of a bar/restaurant named "Violin" (or something like that) that he described as VERY upscale and filled with tons of availables hi-class girls"

Might have been "Piano", in the same area.

I went to Piano once and will probably not do it again. It was more like a soi 33 thing with inflated prices. No dancers, no energy, no fun. The girls did not look anything special to me, but maybe I was not drunk enough... I was the only farang there, and probably the youngest guy too.

Had to pay 400B to go inside and 600B per beer. One of the managers came up to me and chatted a little bit. Friendly. spoke good English. I saw she ordered two drinks, had a zip, then left with the two drinks standing next to me at the bar. When she came by the next time I asked if I was paying for those... and of course she had put them on my tab. I don't mind buying drinks, but please ask me first, and what about order one at a time? She got some nerve... Well, I kindly refused to pay for those. Got a horrible bill anyway. They said they deducted the two drinks, but I doubt it. Did not make a fuzz about it. Paid and left.

Guess I was unlucky, but does not promise well for Violin. I think that is the sister club.

There is a new disco or club on soi 24 at the old "Crocodile Burger" place. Anyone been there? Looked nice, just passed it in a taxi...

Paillote

Prosal is right there is a club called violin

it is situated on Ekkamai on the same side as Piano. Entrance is hidden, so watch the sign carefully.

Piano/orbit/Forte/violin are membership's clubs, means if you are not a member you pay more.

If you want to know more about gentlemen's clubs tell me and I will post what I know.

a lot of thai nightlife venues have closed down during recent 2-3 years; beside Orbit and Forte: Brew Pavilion on Rachada, Aise on Suk Soi 31, Imageries of the Glasses on Suk Soi 24, Round Midnight Soi Sarasin, Tony's on Phetchburi, some Latin Clubs (that's what i can remember; MOS on Suk Soi 12 and La Lunar (former Taurus) vanished earlier I believe.

all victims of the government's social crusade against Nightlife?

but there was always a coming and going in thai nightlife venues. also new ones popped up recently like Mystique or Bed Supperclub. but the number of closed down venues was certainly larger than the new ones during recent 2-3 years.

Perhaps in a similiar vein, does anyone know about the Beverly Hills Club on Thonglor. It is right next to the new upscale Italian restaurant, which, in turn, is right next to Town Center on Thonglor. I have seen this place several times when shopping or dining on Thonglor, but haven't a clue as to what the place is about. Does anybody know?

Archived