Hiv/Aids

Cyberoy69

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of one guy who tested positive, there

was some debate about whether he got it in bkk or in the US before he went there,he managed to pass it on to his last girlfriend in bkk before he went back to the US.

Another guy I met fell had fallen in love with a junkie girl he met in the thermae, he found out later she was positive. He still stayed with her a while even while the girl was lying to him and stealing from him.He wanted to help her.

Yet another guy has fallen in love with a junkie girl from the thermae,he knows shes a

junkie but says hes in love and wants to help her.(a very large proportion of intravenous drug users are hiv+ in thailand)

It can be very hard sometimes to tell if a thai is a junkie (unless they are very thin)

Ive heard of a few stories of guys disturbing

a girl injecting themselves in the bathroom back at their hotel.

Ive also heard of a few girls testing positive and being sacked from bars in patpong and nana. Be careful.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: daeng bireley ]

Don't know about not being able to catch Aids from a woman.

However, there may be an end to the Aids misery. Just read some financial news indicating that a British pharmaceuticals company, Evans Medical, are planning to build a factory in the UK. The factory will apparently produce an Aids Vaccine. (Don't ask me how it works, all I know is I saw the words DNA, very hard, top secret, test-tubes, teat pippette, etc.)

If it looks like we have the technology to produce a vaccine then how far off can a cure be?

I don't mean to appear rude here but what a load of rubbish to suggest men can not catch HIV from women!

The viral load is high in vaginal secretions, all it needs is a minor tear in the skin of the penis to offer a route for viral transmission.

There are many documented cases. There is even a case of a bloke catching it after punching another man at a wedding.

I haven't been to virus myth but if that is what they are purporting that men can not catch HIV from women then I wont be going anytime soon as it's not worth the paper it's written on (figuratively speaking of course)

In fact I have visited Virus Myth and I believe it is a deliberate campaign of dis-information. I spotted a number of things I know to be wrong from reading elsewhere.

For example, Virus Myth states there are no recorded instances of HIV infection from needle stick injury.

Yes there is, there is a well documneted case of a French female hospital worker who did exactly that.

And many more.

I would be cynical about anything you read on that site. And what's more; I'm not sure just what their motives are for the dis-information...tread carefully.

quote:

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:

Hi guys, you'll be looking a while, men can not catch HIV from a woman. www. virusmyth.net

After all the people who have been banned on this site for airing their point of view, surely this is someone at last that deserves it. This is not the sort of information that should be on a board about Sanuk in Bangkok.

It is not the sort of information that should be anywhere....

Archived