Hiv/Aids

Cyberoy69

Unbelievable.

Please folks, don't respond this kind of 'hiv is myth' crap. You'll NEVER convince the conspiracy theorists no matter how overwhelming the facts are.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spirit,

The scientific evidence that HIV is the cause of AIDS is overwhelming, but the disease process is not yet completely known. This has led to some people making these foolish statements that AIDS is caused by another virus or not even caused by an infectious agent.

The featured speaker of Virusmyth is Dr. Kary Mullis, a biochemist who won a Nobel Prize for his work on PCR. He was also one of the featured speakers in OJ's defense.

SOTH's pontifications remind me of the "chemtrails" (or "chem trails") lobby in the U.S. (see www.pprune.org )

Just where are you coming from SOTH, are only just visiting this planet?

What a load of crap..... "virus myths".... a great title! (MY SECOND FLAME IN 2 YEARS, BOTH TO SOTH....in one day)

I notice that you don't list an email address in your profile, I wonder why! crazy.gif" border="0

As I said previously, go see the headman in any Isaan village and ask to see the houses where BGs and Non-BGs used to live who died of AIDS.

You are in for an unpleasant surprise!

Whether the HIV virus is solely responsible for AIDS, or men are less likely to be infected than women is entirely academic.

The fact of the matter is it's 'indisputable that if an individual has extremely close contacts with a lot of people, the number of

infectious organisms that this individual's immune system is going to have to deal with will be high. If a person has 300 sexual

contacts a year - with people who themselves are each having 300 contacts a year - that's 90,000 times more opportunity for infections than a person involved in an exclusive relationship.'

(A quote from Dr K.Mullis, a chief proponent of the AIDS myth idea, at www.csulb.edu/~d49er/Issue26/26nmullis.html

You only have to think of HPV, Herpes and Gawd knows what else to understand the implications of that).

If people like Spirit really believe that men are less likely to be infected than women and put these ideas into practice, then I say (controversially), 'knock yourself out mate!'. With a bit of luck,

you'll be pushing up daisies in my lifetime and the world will be a better place for it!

Cheers!

N.B. My academic background is in media, but I have a friend who works for the Terrence Higgins Trust. Does that make my opinion more valid? wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:

Roger,

We are in the health forum of Nanaplaza, where such matters can be debated, discussed by intelligent people. As long as discussions don't denegrate members or descend in to personal insults, are not racist etc then thats what forums are about.

If my opinion differed from yours regarding say heart disease, or Polio would you want me banned?

No you should not be banned but a list of the girls that you went with would be greatly appreciated.

quote:

Originally posted by tomc12:

The featured speaker of Virusmyth is Dr. Kary Mullis, a biochemist who won a Nobel Prize for his work on PCR. He was also one of the featured speakers in OJ's defense.

Ha! Maybe I should become an expert witness and defend Microsoft:

Me: "Your honor, the current monopoly situation is not actually caused by Microsoft- it was actually created by the marketplace in response to consumer demand. If we examine, for example, the dynamic language libraries that... (lots of technical mumbo-jumbo)"

Judge: Err... I'd like to please go back and review the umm... megabytes. (Zzzz...)

www.microsoftmonopolymyth.com

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Crash999 ]

I wonder how many of these people that make claims about HIV and/or AIDS WOULD WILLINGLY FUCK SOMEONE that was known to have these diseases, without protection or take a needle stick injury from someone infected. I'll even pay the barfine and the LT fee if they will do it. Not one of them will do it.

I have/had a friend in Cambodia, a French guy

he met a girl they got on, they decided to live together, they both had HIV tests, he passed, she failed, she paid the doctor to give her a cert saying negative. Her friends found out and told us, we told him, he didn't want to believe it. He died 6 months ago, she died 6 weeks ago, aged around 24 looking 64. AIDS and HIV are not myths, they are real and extremely dangerous.

Archived