Suggestions on live Thai music

monkey39

Hey, any suggestions on bars/clubs that have some decent live Thai music? I'll be heading to BKK in a few days, and I'd like to have some alternatives to the local cover bands. Nothing too crazy, just looking for a place to chill and have a few beers. Preferably someplace that looks kindly upon touristos. ;)

monkey39

near the night market, down Wireless Road a ways... the name of it escapes me now, check a map, please.

but there is a large outdoor foodcourt. usually at night they have a pretty cool Thai band playing, chicks singing... nice music to enjoy while eating. I have no idea if these are covers or what, but it seems like all Thai pop music to me.

cool place.

"Suan Lum" Also called the Night Bizaar. Has a large food/beer garden in the center, and live Music. Mostly Thai, some obligatory Farang songs thrown in. Also Ratchda Seafood center usually has some live music inside, and out as well. Also the restaurant owned by Olympic boxing champ Kumsing has live music as well, same again mix of Thai and Farang. card pasted below! cheap food and beer (and good food at that!) all just 89 bht a person or something!

292d3760.jpg

OH, the Somsak BBQ restaurant shown in your business card is a very nice outdoor place to eat with a live band (lady and 2 Thai gents) performing mostly Thai songs with a few English songs thrown in most nights.

All you can eat BBQ buffet for 89 baht joyfully selected and prepared at your table by your current GF, similar to MK Suki restaurants.

Located on Sukhumvit Road directly across from Soi 71, easily accessed from the Phrakanong BTS stop or by taxi.

GF and I eat there about once a week as it is about a 5 minute walk from my apartment.

Archived