Nanaplaza Mansion ?

Prosal

stanlaurel:

Yes there are buts. In my opinion you do not need a reliable and influential Thai trustee. One just needs to setup the corporation correctly. Can do this with preferential shares and bylaws that put the Comppany in the control of the Farangs. So a good lawyer is necessary. That's it. Don't even need to own the land. 30-year lease would be adequate.

"a convinced financier". This is like saying a fish needs water!

I really don't think you need a knowledgeable business developer and sophisticated manager. You just need a competent management team that's on the same page as the financer(s).

The big but is the financer(s) has/have to have a decent amount of dosh that is liquid that can move within a month or two's notice to acquire the building/lease/land.

Prosal: "The 'minus' is that people staying in this kind of places are surely quickly targeted as sex-tourists"

One needs to be honest about who the target market is, but it doesn't necessarily have to obviously be a place specifically for sex-tourists. It could be a very well done upmarket accomodation that's extremely guest friendly. Ala the Penthouse in Pattaya with much bigger rooms and the dildosand stuff on request in a kit (could have furniture too like chairs...) rather than blatently on the shelving in the rooms :)

Location is incredibly important. I don't think the outskirts of Pattaya works. Can't get upmarket clientele, and that's the only market where you're going to recoupe your money in a decent timeframe.

Ideally it's Bangkok. Subsoi off of Sukhumvit between 33 and 4. Walking distance (though free tuk tuk service would work, but hurts in terms of attractiveness) to sukhumvit.

<<burp>>

Gummi - looking at where the location of othr place similar to this concept, I'd choose a place well away from the police situation.

Tha can change in a heart beat, and there goes teh business model and investment.

However a island of the south etc would be too far away for any one to care, cheapp to fly the girls there etc.

DOG

• 4 months later...
Prosal said: Another WSG member, Aussie Greg, has also just opened a Mansion in Medellin - Colombia, with exactly the same services (the draft of his new site is on www.medellinmansion.com

I was interested to go to Medellin for Xmas/New Year's Eve and checked the Medellin Mansion site : Greg just posted some new pics of him and guests partying at Mangos, a well-known disco.

Very appealling !!!

It seems quite successful as the Mansion is almost full till January.

::

"However a island of the south etc would be too far away for any one to care, cheapp to fly the girls there etc."

Reminds me of the movie "Killer Tatoo" ("Meu peuan lok prajan", a must see . The line "This is a book" might wake up more memories in some of you guys) , some part of the movie happens in a small island turnede in a sex resort catering to thais. Wonder if this kind of places actually exist in Thailand and wouldn't be overly surprised.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

"a convinced financier". This is like saying a fish needs water!

Yes, in a rational and educated business world. Which is not necessarily the case here.

Jeez, completely forgot about this thread and just stumbled over it again for some reason :) and can't help but restate that investment in Thailand is seldom driven by rationalism. So I still stand with my "convinced financier" formula.

Archived