Hair Loss

I need some advice. I moved to Thailand around 4 months ago. For the last two months I have been losing hair and I don't know why. I got my blood checked, and it was ok. It's not falling out in clumps either so I don't think it's a fungus or bacteria. Has this happened to anyone yet, or do you know what I can do to prevent this?

The hair on your head undergoes different stages (cycles-anagen, catagen, and telogen)during its life. Anagen is the growth stage and lasts for years. Catagen is a changeover state from growing to resting and lasts about one month. Telogen is the resting stage, at the end of which the hair falls out and new growth starts again. Normally, less than one percent of the hairs are in the catagen stage, thirteen percent are in the telogen stage, and the rest in the anagen stage. About 100 hairs are lost per day.

There are many causes of hair loss. The most common cause in your situation would be stress, which converts more of the hairs to the end stage of telogen. Thus, when you take a shower you notice more hairs coming out in your hand or in the drain, but since the hairs are also growing back, no bald spots develop and there is no net hair loss. Another way to look at it is if you lose 100 hairs in a day, you won't notice it if they fall out throughout the day, but you will notice it if they all fall out while you take a shower. Either way you still lose 100 hairs/day. There is no treatment for this except time.

If the situation persists for more than a few months or you notice a bald spot, then I would go see a dermatologist.

Hi, would like to know if the use of hair-colouring products, say, every 4-5 months would in any way contribute to a thinning,weakening or loss of hair in any way?

I think most of them contain pretty harsh chemicals so any recommendations on a mild, full-coverage hair colour product available in LOS - Dark Brown colour?

Many thanks...

Yeh! they say its in ur genes.

usually pleanty of hair in ur genes, thats not where you need it.

Maybe when it starts to grow everywhere else on ur body, it takes it away from your head.

smile.gif" border="0

Old hippie:

There has to be a funny comeback for that, but it escapes me. ( for now)

for some reason it reminds me of the joke about the lady that had too many face lifts.

the doctor finally put a rachet on the back of her head, but warned her if she thightened it too many times her tits would be on here forehead, and she would have a gotee.

Old hippie:

happy to oblige.

Ever get a haircut in los, and have to suffer

(from bad planning) the remainder of the day

with the heat, and little hairs that end up down the back of ur shirt?

( hey, not funny, but about hair)

Archived