Informations about bank account

seashark

OK, went to check at the Emporium branch for internet banking and they said I need that nonIm visa, gave me a bit of an headache as well while I renewed my eldest BKKBK bankbook as they'd never seen me before and my signature has changed a bit over the years. They had to cancel the first book they'd opened than I had to practice in front of the manager over 2 whole blank pages to get the sig right :doah: Finally OK, I'm up to sign dodgy documents :p

Discovered as well this branch is opened on saturday and sunday as well as late during week days, very good news !

Anyone knows of any other branch please share the info.

Thanks Mekong as well for the info, might be quite useful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Rick,

But can you open this acount as well with only a visa on arrival?

Actually they didn't ask for a work permit in BKKBank but only a non-immigrant.

Would love to learn there are beter options though.

Happy to see this thread still up and running!

2 questions related to sending money FROM Thailand back to Farangland.

Any one have any idea how much the local banks charge? I am guessing that the charges are not the same as in the Uk where the greedy b#stards charge £15/20 - 1000B / 1500B - but I could be wrong on this assumption!

Secondly any one know how much Western Union would charge for the same thing, ie FROM Thailand to Farangland?

The amounts we are talking about are in the region of £80 / 5,000B (or even less!) - so the costs are important (next trip I will open a local bank account again!).

I have had an account at Kasikornbank (UTB Thai Farmers Bank) for 2 1/2 years. I put 800kbaht in to cover my Retirement Visa requirements and usually run it down too quickly. I just received a form letter from Kasikornbank that states they discontinued the money transfer service effective 15 July of this year. I am not sure what I will do when I have to renew my visa next year. The letter came from the Los Angeles branch and three years ago when I attempted to open an account through them they told me that they were for transferring money only. I suspect that is the same with the other Thai bank branches in the US.

zen

"But can you open this acount as well with only a visa on arrival?"

Yes. I have opened two or maybe three accounts with a visa on arrival over the years. Two of them at Krung Thai Bank. When I signed up for the internet banking, they did not ask about my visa. I am pretty sure you will need a Thai mailing address to open the account.

The internet banking account was set up at the Krung Thai Bank Ekamai Branch office where I have one of my accounts. If you use this branch, bring someone who can translate and fill out the Thai language form.

Archived