Informations about bank account

seashark

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a ATM account and a saving account in LOS.

(:: yes, i know, i'm Swiss you don't need to remember me about that) ;)

To have an ATM account is good while travel, i don't need travel cheques anymore. A Saving Account is good if you stay longer in LOS but also if you want sent money from abroad while a good rate of exchange . :D:beer::yay:

samak said:

what is the difference in interest rate between a ATM account and a saving account?

What's the difference between zero and zero? :)

Not really true, but the interest rates are so low here as to be virtually zero. After factoring in inflation/COLA, I believe one loses money by keeping it in a bank.

Also, I don't think there's a difference between an "ATM account" and a savings account. The ATM card just lets you withdraw baht from your savings account. I don't think a separate "ATM account" exists.

I thought, correct me if wrong, that as all accounts can be accessed through the ATM network, there is no such thing as a ATM account, rather current (which is your main account) savings, chequing etc. If your asking about difference for savings accounts and other accounts, it's as KK said, bugger all,

DOG

Yeah, no such thing as an atm account. The generic savings account is usually called passbook savings or some such.

I opened my savings and current account at different times. When I opened my current account, they wanted my savings information so I gave it to them. Of course, you'd think they would automatically link it up to my atm card. Nope. Went back to the branch later. Manager said I could NOT link my atm card with my current account. Lazy bastard. I went to another branch, where I was on good terms with the manager, and it wasn't a problem. He brought my checking account up on the screen and then just put in my atm card number. Done. Least it looked that simple.

<<burp>>

• 1 month later...

Sorry its a delayed response, but I only became aware of this service myself yesterday evening.

To check the balance of a BKKBank Savings account call

02-6455555

2 For English

Follow Instructions (Selection for Account Type, Enter Full Card Number and PIN etc)

As well as balance enquiry there are 2-3 other options.

I have only tried this service in BKK from my Cell phone, but I assume it should work as an international phone call.

Click Here for Bangkok Bank Telephone Banking Guide

Bualuang Guide shows full "MAP" of automated system

Archived