Davies Sukhumvit 24

Ckrisg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dali said:

Not familiar with the Lone Staar... care to enlighten?

The Lone Texas Staar (correct Spelling) is a bar of legend in Washington Sq. Sukhumvit Soi 22. First open on Patpong, then moved over to Washington Sq. I think in the 80's. It is a country western bar of sorts. Plays host to Oil workers in town, ex-pats from the Vietnam era. And CIA/Mercenaries etc...a bit downscale from the Madrid on Patpong II. You can hear great stories in this/these bars...some of which might actually contain a bit of truth, not the ones I tell of course. :) I it owned by George Pipas, who is prettymuch a legend himself. 86+ WWII Marine Vet, 300+lbs, and a good guy. Been in BKK 40 years or more. Worth a look for history's sake.

DSCN0128b.jpg

DSCN0127a.jpg

DSCN0330b.jpg

DSCN0327z.jpg

DSCN0347z.jpg

Oh, I should mention about the Washingtron sq bars for guys who don't know. Basically, bars for guys who kind of mind their business. Some of the guys don't like foreigners at all, Brits are usually tolerated. I have found that to be especially true in the Silver dollar. Lone Staar is usually cool is you just relax, and don't butt into a conversation. But after awhile, it is o.k. Like any bar full of regulars at home I guess. Well worth seeing for nostalgia and bar history purposes.

Most of the girls are available, and S/T rooms are up stairs (400bht I think) (Lone Staar) .

Old Hippie said:

Oh, I should mention about the Washingtron sq bars for guys who don't know. Basically, bars for guys who kind of mind their business. Some of the guys don't like foreigners at all, Brits are usually tolerated.

Sounds like a fun night

Brits are usually tolerated

Surely you are not implying that we Brits are usually not tolerated at many places :D

seriously tho I have always felt very welcome at the washington square bars and never felt uncomfortable at any of them.

In fact some of the girls there have made me VERY comfortable there.......... ::

Yeah, sorry, that sounded bad. What I ment was, the guys in those bars are a conservative bunch, and don't like to many Non American types, generally speaking. Especially guys comming in and wanting to explain why Reagan was bad, and USA foreign policy is all wrong... In any event, I love the place, a friend of mine, a 65 year old guy from UK loves it also, and is always welcome...so maybe depends more on the guy than the nationalty...? Have seen things get ugly one or 2 times with "rif raff" but those events are few and far between...

Archived