Scary shit for parents in Siem Reap

Pom_Jao_Choo

Who knows what actually went on. Other reports said the kid was shot when demands weren't being met. Personally I think it's news sensationalism to say the kid was shot for crying.

I think what's telling though is that while the police were "storming" the van and building, parents went in with them and rescued their own kids.

That doesn't sound very organized nor like the police had control of their sphere of influence (everything outside of the school).

Really feel sorry for those affected!!!

<<burp>>

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cent said:
Nervous_Dog said:

I read that all of them where security guards, inclduing one from teh school.

Nice security!

ND,

Did you hear about the high-school girl gone missing in Aruba? Raped and murdered by a couple low-lifes working as security guards in a nearby hotel that was closed at the time. Picked her up from a local bar and she hasn't been seen since.

Cent

DOG

Excuse me to barge in here, but the two security have been released long since and three suspects are being kepot, 2 local brothers and a Dutch guy.

Can't believe you're heralding such old and very incorrect news around here!! Shame on you.

Of all people here I'd expected you to have your facts a bit mroe straight.

Your saying that to cent not me right?

Whateverr the excuse, as the parent of a 3 year old, you wouldn;t want to leave them with me, shooting is too nice and quick.

Does say a lot, I read an italian said, "I just ran into the van with the police and grabbed my kid" or words to those efect.

Very very very sad for the parents of the boy, and writing they shot because he cried to much . . . . sorry, I'd HATE to read that in a newspaper, lemon juice on a open wound. Un-needed reporting.

DOG

The little boy was the son of an ex-pat couple who were working at a Cambodian hotel which is owned by the group from Bed supper club. Obviously their management team is in terror. The couple have returned to BKK and are trying to pull themselves together.

Gob bless them Really just so terrible. :(

The scumbags that did this were employed at nearby hotels as SECURITY. :: :: :(

Limbo,

Hahahaha. Sorry, been in transit. Last I read they were still blaming two security guards from a different hotel. So now it's a Dutch guy and 2 locals? Have they found out where the girl is yet? (Dead I presume after all this time.) There's a place in Aruba called the Natural Bridge or something like that, where the water wore away at the cliffs and made a bridge of stone. Inside there is a nice little beach. I went swimming on another little white sand beach nearby and was cautioned by some locals, with them telling me there were a lot of sharks in this area, due to the island gov dumping all the garabge in that area to keep the sharks on that side of the island, rather than on the side where all the hotels are. I'd imagine it would be the easiest place to rid yourself of a dead body. Just throw it to the sharks. Very isolated there as well, especially at night. I know. I used to bring women to that beach, which was in an old deserted coconut plantation, to screw on the beach at night in the open air au natural. Not a soul around for miles really.

If they dumped her body in the ocean where the garbage is dumped I doubt they'll ever find a body. Many hungry sharks hang there for their meals.

One question, from what I had read the 2 security guards were seen giving her a ride home from the bar that night. How'd they come up with the other guys instead?

Cent

Jita,

Very sad, and so damned un-necessary and a waste. It just boggles my mind how anyone (for whatever reasons) could just cold bloodedly shoot down a three year old kid. Goddamned savagery really. And imagine these are the guys that are guarding you and your possessions while staying in a Siem Reap hotel. Nice. I feel so safe. Just so damned sad a story. My heart goes out to the parents.

Cent

That's extremely sad indeed, no matter what the motive was, these guys deserve the worst to happen to them. A small mircale indeed they survived the lynch party.

Re. Aruba, kinda missed why these 3 are suspected now. Watched Fox a few times, swapping channels, something I normally never do *watching Fox that is), and it's basically their headline news every day.

ND, yes that was pointed at Cent. No worries mate.

7 Cambodians Charged in Toddler's Death

Sun Jun 19, 6:39 AM ET

Court officials on Sunday formally charged seven men with involvement in the killing of a 2-year-old Canadian boy during last week's takeover of an international school near Cambodia's Angkor Wat temple complex.

Four men accused of carrying out the attack on the school in northwestern Cambodia were charged with premeditated murder, kidnapping, illegal detainment of persons for ransom and illegal use of a weapon, prosecutor Bou Bunhang said.

The charges carry penalties ranging from 15 years to life in prison.

Three alleged accomplices ? two private security guards, including one who worked at the school, and a man who sold the handgun used to kill the Canadian boy ? were charged with conspiracy to commit premeditated murder, illegal detainment and illegal use of a weapon.

Four men stormed Siem Reap International School last Thursday and held about 30 students and some teachers hostage for more than six hours.

Their alleged leader, Chea Sokhom, used the handgun, their only weapon, to shoot the Canadian boy in the head because he wouldn't stop crying, according to police.

Ou Em, head of the serious crime division in Siem Reap province, said police on Saturday arrested Un Nee, who allegedly sold the handgun to Chea Sokhom for US$150 (euro122). He was arrested at Poipet, a market town near the border with Thailand.

The two security guards told police that Chea Sokhom had invited them to join in a plot to hold the school's students for ransom, police said.

"We have not seen any other motives other than that at this stage," Bou Bunhang said after charging the suspects in court Sunday.

Chea Sokhom earlier told interrogators he initially planned the raid as revenge against a South Korean man who had employed him as a driver. He said he had been humiliated when his employer struck him in a fit of anger, so he quit and planned to kill the man's two children, whom he used to drive to the school each day. The two children were unharmed.

During the six-hour hostage ordeal, Chea Sokhom, tense and apparently impatient because his demands weren't being met fast enough by government negotiators, shot the Canadian boy because he was crying too much, police said.

The crisis ended when police cornered the van in which the attackers tried to escape with several child hostages and a reported US$30,000 (euro24,730) given to them by negotiators.

Four men were arrested at the school on Thursday.

Aing Mearadey, an investigating judge, said he has up to six months to investigate the case before the trial starts.

The seven suspects were to be transferred later Sunday from police detention to a prison, where they will remain during the investigation period, he said.

Regarding Aruba, Dutch kid and two local kids were with the girl and said they dropped her off at her hotel where she was approached by the security guards. Then the kids left.

Well, cameras from the hotel refute that she was dropped off. Still the two security guards were held for some time.

<<burp>>

Archived