Bangkok-Singapore cheapo-airfares?

Pharcyde

Hi,

Whats your experience with low cost carriers that fly bkk-sin, which one is the best in terms of price ?

I dont mind a couple of hours of delay, as I am going to travel on a flexible timetable (ie holiday) anyway.

I just had a look at airasia, and even though they seem to offer cheapo tickets for like 459 baht one way, there are a whole lot of taxes put onto the price and in the end it almost tri-doubles before check in.

Any experiences?

I might want to add that this is going to be my first time to singapore, do you have any good advice for a singapore newbie like me? I am going to stay there for the next ten months, but just for the sake of an easy beginning there might be some things I need to know. Like I can think of a whole lot when it comes to bangkok, so what about singapore?

Cheers,

Pharcyde

Gotta say Air Asia as well. I have never flown them, but just booked 4 tix for wife/me and the kids. Total cost was B10,335 (US$63ea) including all taxes *except* the B500 at Don Muang. That was the second best price would have been B1760 cheaper as I got the B459 fare SIN-BKK, but could only get B899 BKK-SIN.

That is compared to the cheapest discounter in the paper, who was B4100ea (US$100) for an unknown carrier.

Cheers,

SD

Ok, I am convinced that Airasia undoubtedly have the best deals, and as I read from the other thread on the same carrier its best to book early.

I better do that. Just hope that they wont hell-charge me because of all my luggage.

Cheers,

Pharcyde (going to bangkok and singapore real soon)

Archived