D'Pelican

Boring_Man

D'Pelican Inn, Soi 22

This little corner of heaven lies in the enclave off Soi 22 right next to the wretched Tina Bar.

5 or 6 rooms, somewhat small but nice, with cable, decent bathrooms, no in-room safe. Quoted 800 baht/night. A nice restaurant area downstairs with several outside tables as well.

Interesting Woman pronounced the khao phad gai "aroi", my tuna sandwich was quite good, although not the tuna melt I had ordered. Two local scholars dropped by as we had lunch, resplendent with the healthy glow that comes from successfully watching a sporting event (some sort of netball, I gather) on TV. Both seemed well-pleased with the water they ordered (one soda, one plain).

No noise was detected from Tina Bar, but I woke early to discover myself back in Das Rheingold, specifically the scene in Alberich's workshop when the dwarves are banging on anvils. Of course, it was probably already about 9:30, so it was just as well that we started our day.

The Inn offers a nice variety of breakfasts, including what must be the best/only Swedish breakfast in Bangkok.

The staff was also happy to fetch a taxi when needed.

Dwarves aside, a nice place. Recommended.

I am glad to see that your route through Hell was has not impaired your visceral wit in the least!

Also glad that this venue was all it was expected to be.

Perhaps a meeting in the envelope city will be in the cards come All Hallows Eve or thereabouts.

Now off to the ID party, tho' I expect aliens and an exploding Weißes Haus are not amongst the enterainment choices there.

Is all that suitably cryptic?

Cheers,

SD

All understood.

A costume party--though not us, of course--is definitely on the menu for the envelope city. I expect I shall see you in situ before that.

Hell yawned wide, and I as well. Fortunately a guide appeared to lead me here to Purgatory. With luck the path leads to Paradiso and Beatrice. And you, my friend.

They were friendly to my guest, but she'd checked in with me (no ID required, from either of us, actually). I'd asked previously if a guest was a problem and the woman showing me the room laughed nervously and said no, so take that for what it's worth. There's no doorman or official security to negotiate with, just the Thai women who run the place.

On the other hand, the clientele didn't look too guest-inclined, if you get my drift and I didn't see any other female Thai guests there. Not what I'd consider a great place for bringing back fresh conquests. I'd consider a different spot if you were planning on being especially active.

Boring_Man said:

They were friendly to my guest, but she'd checked in with me (no ID required, from either of us, actually). I'd asked previously if a guest was a problem and the woman showing me the room laughed nervously and said no, so take that for what it's worth.

Just received a response to my email from the D'Pelican asking if they were a guest-friendly establishment. Their response, "You bet!"

Archived