Tokyo here I come!

kamui

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

the first beer is on me of course. :beer:

How about an evening in the week of July 18?

I am open for suggenstions, since I don't have fixed my appointments yet.

It's five years that I haven't been in Japan and I am looking forward to enter the empire of "kawaii" again.

:yay:

PS: How is the weather at the moment? Is it as bad as I fear: hot, humid, rainy?

the weather sucks now, hot and humid, rainy season, which is why I am out of here... as of TODAY! thank God,

and Kamui,

I know YOU did not take me literally when I suggested find a babe to crash with...

I forgot to put in the little smile face :) to indicate a joke and that I was being ironic...

My earlier rant aside - I will gladly buy the 2nd round for you and DLR. And yes, it is hot and muggy as a motherfucker here. PM me your details - I should be free that week. FYI - July 18 is a Japanese national holiday. To celebrate, a little bonus MaoMark just for you...

I have been drinking too much beer. The time is hot

and sticky for me. I feel like all the day, and I lie

at night. The girls are the workers. They must work

upon me. Working in my penis, working hardly in the

making happy me of me

Kamui,

Not sure how long you will stay, but here is my recomendation for a cheap bar with good fun in Shinjuku.

I hope you can follow my directions.... The place is in Kabukicho, near the Mr Donuts, in an area called Golden Gai. Golden Gai is basically an area with lots of very small (5-7 people) to not so small (20-30 people) bars.

The name of the place is either Champion or Champions, yellow sign with black writing. Walk down from Mr Donuts, staying on the right side of the street, at the first corner turn right and the bar will be in front of you. If you cannot find Mr Donuts, just ask one of the hawkers outside of the clubs. If they do not know, ask them for the location of the city office. Just stand in front of the main entrance (on the main street) facing the building, turn around and you should see a side street. Go there and you should see the bar.

Prices - All drinks JPY 500 all the time. The place is open all night and usually gets crowded at midnight or so on Fridays and Sats. Most of the patrons are friendly and generally a good cross section of Japanese, Americans, Europeans and Brits. Very easy to have a chat with people there. And the music is not too loud, which is nice.

It is not a meat market just a place to hangout. The owner is a hefty J-guy and the employees are all Filipinas. One of them is his wife.

And if you feel like singing, they have karaoke for JPY 100 per song. Don't worry about being shy, just drink, feel good and belt one. I do it all the time.

Enjoy!

TheLastEuropean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

it's over a week ago that I arrived in Tokyo. In the beginning I had some problems to adjust myself back to the Tokyo way of life, but now I am feeling fine again. Yesterday I was drinking with some people from the Tokyo art scene (a famous photographer, an editor and a publisher) and we had a lot of beer in some bars at "Golden Gai". It was a funny evening. After two beers my Japanese became even more worse and after a few beers I didn't understand a word anymore, but the Japanese forgot that I did not understand their lingo very well and the women who usually translated for me was so drunk that the just repeated everything in Japanese again, I think she lost her English in the meantime... :D

Today I had my first date, even there was a Typhoon warning out. But this girl didn't show up and even didn't bother to call me on my Japanese mobile phone :cussing:. Therefore I called her and she asked if we could meet tomorrow, because she was working overtime. Stupid as I am I said yes immediately. Now I am thinking of canceling the date and move to another day, since I have to meet another editor for dinner and I am still angry...

By the way I stay at Hotel Sunlite Shinjuku.

http://www.sunlite.co.jp/index-e.htm

It is only ten minutes from Shinjuku station near Meiji-dori,next to Kabukicho. It's quiet, nice and clean. A single room is around 8.800 Yen, but they do not allow to bring guests.

@ UAL

sorry, that I didn't contact you yet, but I would be glad, if we could meet. How about next week. I will send you an PM

@Last E.

thanks for the advice on the bar. Since it is only five minutes from my hotel I will definatly check it out!

Kamui-san,

Glad you are enjoying....

There is a birthday party at this bar called Tokyo Loose on the 30th of July. The party is for a guy named Valentine. The place is across and the street and down stairs from the Kabukicho Police Box. It is one of those B1 places. This is near Koma Stadium... the big box like area with the movie theatres, game centers etc

Here is the web www.tokyoloose.com. The web site is not so good, but there is a simple map. I do not think they are charging an entrance fee but if they are forget it or try to bargain your way in.

They will have free food, more than likely snack stuff and cheap champange. Maybe it starts at about 8pm. I am not sure of the start time as the flyer does not say.

I will swing through, I think, and I will be easy to spot. Short pants and ear plugs as the noise level can be like a beer bar on Pattaya's Soi 8.

Maybe you already do, but pass on the hostess clubs with the brothers outside hustling. Not for the fear of being overbilled, but for the quality of girls. Most of those places (in my experience) are full of cows, big cows of various nationalities who are not "qualified" to be employed at the Roppongi clubs. However, if you like 'em chunky you will have hit pay dirt.

Enjoy,

TheLastEuropean

Hi L.E.

any plans to go to "Champions" tonight?

thanks for the advice on the party. Too bad that I cannot go, since I will be in Kansai from Friday to Monday.

And as you said I will give the hostess clubs a pass. I just read some reports on the WSG website and it seems that the street scene in the red light areas of Tokyo and Yokohama has been cleaned up since my last stay five years ago.

For the price you have to pay here for a "quality" girl you could easiy fly to Bangkok for two or three nights.:hubba:

Actually I already thought about it, but next week week will be very busy and on Aug. 7 I will leave Japan the go L. A. for a short job assignment.

Archived