Royal Asia Paradise - Any good?

dubbs

Yeah, not sure where House by the Pond is but if it's too far away from the nightlife then I don't want to do that but it looks really nice. Nanatai seems not bad and close to the action so i'll consider this one, but I think there should be a worst hotel website competition with my vote going to Nanatai, it's so bad I love it.

Right now i'm starting to learn towards the cheaper hotels over the nice luxurious ones with internet. I need to spend maybe 1 to 2 hours / day on the internet and it doesn't necessarily have to be on my laptop so I am thinking of avoiding the headaches of having my laptop with me on the trip and just to hit the inet cafes and saving the money. The hotels are mainly a place to store my luggage, sleep, and to sample the fine Thai Cuisine... aka the BG's.

I was thinking of booking a hotel with credit card last minute. My trip is in Sept which I think is still the low season so right now I don't see any need to rush and I also don't know which days i'll be in Phuket and haven't decided if I'll visit Pattaya although I probably will because it sounds good.

Dubbs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dubbs said:

Hey,

I'm looking for a nice hotel with somewhat fast internet and girl friendly, and of course good location. I found this hotel from another thread that just talked about different hotels but I am thinking of booking this one for myself.

The link for the hotel is http://www.royalasiaparadise.com

Will be my first time to BKK so is this place a good location? The map shows in between NEP and Soi Cowboy but I don't know what this means.

Other than that, anybody try out this hotel and have anything good to say about it (or bad), and maybe other possible recommendations for hotels w/ internet, girl friendly, good location?

Dubbs

the big minus for me is the long distance from sukhumvit to the hotel, ok, there is a tuk tuk available for free, but sometimes you have to wait 15 minutes before they come, and if you have a 'hot' girl with you, she will be 'cool' after so long waiting time

good point about the distance from Royal Asia, and likewise, nanathai.

going down (away from NEP and away from Suk) if you stay at the nanathai, you have to grab a taxi. going back toward Suk, they also have a tuk tuk. Sometimes slow going since

sometimes Soi 4 gets jammed with traffic (surprise surprise) faster to walk than take the tuk tuk from time to time...

At least, Royal Aisa, you can call the tuk tuk, with the little buzzer button, first right sub soi, (not the lolita sub soi, before that) there is a little box.

Thing to do, buzz the Royal Asia tuk tuk, buy some fruit, get something to drink, get a blow job at Lolitas, and the tuk tuk wil be there by the time you are done...

Hmm, most of these maps seem like the hotels are close to the action but I guess BKK is a big place and these hotels sound too far away for my liking. I guess i'll change my priorities in terms of what is close to the action and cheap and of course girl friendly (is taking home 2 or 3 girls at once hassles at most places or do they just laugh at you?). I'll see what my options now are for close to NEP, cheap, and use internet cafe's then decide that between the nice hotels with internet.

Anyways, thanks for all the help so far. I can't wait to arrive there but I think the only thing I will plan on my trip is the hotels and let whatever happens, happen :)

Dubbs

both nanathai and Royal Asia take 10 minutes to walk to Sukumvit.

nana hotel, takes 10 seconds.

no one will laugh at you or bat an eye if you walk in with two or three or 4 girls.... Walk in with a chicken, 4 lady boys, 2 bar girls, a donkey, and 3 soi dogs-- that may raise a few eyebrows, however...

(make sure your girls bring their ID cards with them to either Royal Asia or Nanathai... depends on who is on the desk whether they will check them or not.

first trip? you should stay at nana hotel on general principle.

also close and girl friendly is the Dynasty.

:)

Dude,

Just checked out of Royal Asia. I've stayed there many times. Used my laptop without any problems. WIFI worked well. The rooms are a bit worn but clean. The tuk tuk is pretty reliable. Soi 8 is all turn up right now so its a little dusty riding to the hotel. Very central, walk to Nana, walk to Soi Cowboy, Thermai. Tuk tuk leaves you of right at the Sky Train. There are probably better deals around but the clincher is the rooms have in room electronic safes that are big enough for a laptop. Mine fit without a problem and still had room for wallet, passport and such. This is a big plus. Make sure you know where the tuk tuk call box is located, first little Soi on your right as you come in Soi 8, White box on the wall. Forget House by the Pond, it is nice but is way off the track, more for long stay.

Pgrin

>>I'll see what my options now are for close to NEP, cheap, and use internet cafe's then decide that between the nice hotels with internet.<<

I will second the Dynasty on Soi 4 which is about as close as you can get to NEP. Rooms are 1,090 baht. I've stayed in about 4 different rooms over the last year and all were clean/renovated and big beds. Firm quality matress that i like tho some guys don't. If you don't want the staff to see the two or three girls that you simultaneuosly barfined after dinking too mutt, you can enter the hotel from the rear entrance and bypass the front desk. This is strictly a punter hotel and no problems with staff ever. Avoid the internet shop across the street, 50 baht for 15 minutes. A two minute walk further down soi 4 on the same side of street as dynasty is a good one baht per minute highspeed icafe.

Only drawback to dynasty is no pool. If you need a pool, the Nana Hotel across the street from dynasty has a decent one. You'll pay around 300 baht more for a room but its well worth it to be on soi 4. For a first time punter who is not spoiled by 5 star hotels, these two hotels are all you will need for your entire stay in BKK have fun. BTW, i'm in BKK in sept also maybe c u then.

Archived