Royal Asia Paradise - Any good?

dubbs

Hey,

I'm looking for a nice hotel with somewhat fast internet and girl friendly, and of course good location. I found this hotel from another thread that just talked about different hotels but I am thinking of booking this one for myself.

The link for the hotel is http://www.royalasiaparadise.com

Will be my first time to BKK so is this place a good location? The map shows in between NEP and Soi Cowboy but I don't know what this means.

Other than that, anybody try out this hotel and have anything good to say about it (or bad), and maybe other possible recommendations for hotels w/ internet, girl friendly, good location?

Dubbs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dubbs, the place keeps the monsoonal rains out, but having previously stayed there numerous times, I now look elsewhere for value...pluses for me is the nice and quiet location, the unused rooftop pool, the kitchen, a good balcony overlooking greenery (not the street-side front),quietness,large rooms...minuses are it's now way over-priced and average to poorer value-wise, the place shows definite signs of that decaying spiral, the owners are to tight-arsed to put so much as a spoon or plate in the kitchen, the power-saving lights are f**cked, book out 1 minute past the 12 checkout time and they want half a days tariff under the rules:nono:...it's not all bad, but you money can and will buy at least equal and better elsewhere so that's where my baht has decided to go! :beer:

I can spend a lot if I want to but i'd obviously prefer cheaper. I know there are internet cafe's everywhere but I really don't want to take my laptop out with me then have to take it back to the hotel. I'd prefer to get everything I need done online there then go out and not have to worry about it. But if there is a better hotel that doesn't have internet then i'll consider it. I'm in BKK in September and want to sort out where i'm staying soon. I'd prefer the internet in the hotel but if I don't have it then i'll resort to the internet cafe's.

While i'm on the subject, anyone have any recommendations for Phuket as well?

Dubbs

I can afford those hotels but are all of those you listed girl friendly? I will give the big names some consideration because I know i'll get they say i'll get especially about the internet service. I wouldn't mind something a bit smaller/intimate or even more Thai. Anybody know if House by the Pond is good/reliable?

I think what I will do is look for something cheaper that has all I want but I will need feedback on those places. If I don't find anything good or relaible then i'll fall back on one of the big hotel names you provided. Thanks

In the meantime i'll search through the posts again about different hotels to see who has recommendations.

Dubbs

House by the Pond is NICE, in the older building. (the new building is nothing special) good place. reliable. no internet, however.

BUT, you have to pay with a credit card, it is a bit far from Suk, even further in the rain, (not many taxis will be cruising past there anytime...)

a much cheaper option, but also, no internet

http://nanataimansion.com/

the only thing Thai about the nanathai is that the sounds of chickens will wake you up in the morning if yu are on the canal side!

Archived