Comparing Bangkok with Manilla

BuffHello

Old Hippie said:In Generel, I'd say the PI is more expensive than Thailand, especially Manila Vs. BKK.

i agree on the Manila vs. BKK comparison. but if you compare Angeles with Pattaya, Angeles is cheaper!

Barfine and LT for under 20 USD is difficult to get in Pattaya but standard in Angeles.

however I would never say that it is better! :neener:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap!!!

I'll be honest in that I like Bangkok over Manila. Might have something to do though with the fact that Bangkok is foreign to me, and I live right on P.Burgos in Makati.

When I first read this, I started to get a little upset/worried over what was posted, thinking on it though, there is some serious truth to it.

Manila is not as clean as Bangkok, and if you think Bangkok has bad traffic, you ain't seen nothing yet! Pinoy's (filipino males) are best to be avoided in "expat zones" with the exception of doormen and those associated with the service area. It's not that they are going to stab or rob you, just that they are terribly annoying and basically want one thing, your money.

The streetkids are getting cleaned up, and I don't have any reaching in my pockets or through my window in traffic. They might pester you for a bit, but a quick "Hindi! Tama na.." from you will get them to go away.

In terms of "fun" I am sorry but Manila is very "wild" when it comes to what goes on in the Bars. Go to P.Burgos, "Bottoms" bar and you will have a good time. Thailand seemed more "reserved" when I was there compared to anything I encountered in Makati.

There are a couple of areas worth noting and definately worth a visit in Manila.

P.Burgos St - Located in Makati, Metro Manila. The longest run of "expat" bars in the area of Manila. Prices ARE expensive though. I believe that (memory serving) you pay approx B2600 in Nana, in Manila the cost is B2800-B3500 and this is barfine + tip ONLY. Yes, it's either ST or LT up to you and the girl.

EDSA - Located near Roxas Blvd in/near Pasay. Barfine + tip (LT) is B2700

it is basically a "minimall" consisting of (thinking) 8 bars. There is armed guards up front and once you are in you are completely safe and not hasseled by ANYONE except the doorgirls.

LA Cafe - Thermae philippines style. Freelancer bar and cheaper prices all the way around. Prices are "up to you"

so what is crap then?

i remember the good old days when the scene in Ermita (Mabini and Del Pilar Street) was rocking! Markati is IMO very tame and expensive. it might also get wild there, but i have not found anything in comparison to wild parties in LOS' bars.

samak said:

so what is crap then?

Sorry, its an expression. I was referring to the "doom and gloom" of Manila as portrayed through other peoples eyes.

I guess when u live here, you learn to "phase" that out.

Archived