Comparing Bangkok with Manilla

BuffHello

i have been thinking about changing over from Thailand to P.I on account of the bad attitudes of thai women.

Could any experts here give a rundown on finding and fcucing women in Manilla .

There must beplenty of hot lookers there without all the zillions of dumb tourists ,including Japanese paying over the top like there is in Thailand now.

I need to get back to plenty of GFE without all the hassle of thai females .too many shortimers IMO.

Generally i am not interested in the BGs, prefer to get some all day all night action going .

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PI has it's own set of hassles...frankly, I find the Pinoys far more annoying, petty and greedy than Thais. They expect as much or more than thais do. Manila is expensive, and offers little of the variety BKK does, less of an international city. The shopping is nothing compared to BKK either, it any of this matters.

Food wise, Pinoy food is not as Masaaraap (delicious) or exotic as Thai food. Frankly, I like Fillipino food as well, but it is radically different than Thai food.

Women wise...both places have exotic looking women, all depends on what you like. Nice girls are usually nicer to meet than GTGs, but with that comes a lot of baggage, mainly they are usually strict catholics, and may not fuck as soon as a GTG, if at all before marrage. They are notoriously stuborn, and can have a mean streak to them, this is a cultural trait I noticed in many of them. Thai girls may pout, or act sad to get their way, Pinays are more likely to actually confront you.

From what I have seen, Pinays are usually a lot less mercenary than Thai girls. Keep in mind, I have more experience with "Good Filipino girls" Than I do bad, and I have more experience with "BTG's" (not really bad, but bar girls etc...) than I do good...so I base my comments on that, and also with what I've seen here in couples I know. Both will require some sort of money/gifts being sent to their families on a fairly regular basis. Pinoys will turn out in droves to meet you when you visit, ALL with their hands out. Male relatives are notorious con artists, and think nothing of asking you for money, gifts etc, not to mention a barrage of personnal questions, damned right nosey!

Pinoys for the most part are more open to westerners marrying into the family than most Thais are. Many Pinoys view it as a status symbol to have an American in their family (I imagine the same for other western nationalities as well). Most upon meeting you will proudly tell you of their relatives who married Americans and went abroad, or will tell of someone they know who did.

Frankly, I swore off the PI after my last trip in 93 (?) a few reason, more less all personnal. But basically, one, my ex is from there, down south, Mindinao. She drove me nuts, still does! and 2, and more of a reason, I lived in the PI as a kid. Growing up, the PI was a part of our lives, we always knew Pinoys, always socialized with them, etc...PI was a part of our lives, it left a lasting impression on me, and to a lesser extent, on my sister. We went back a few times for weddings, or to visit family friends. I went myself a few times to visit, wife hunt, and "recreat" (is that a word? :) ) Scuba dive, relax etc. I was there in 1986 and 88 upraisings, and still felt safe. So PI was very special in my heart.

That said, it broke my heart to see what PI had turned into. Beggers everywhere, and very aggressive at that, kids trying to open taxi doors, or trunks, sticking their hands in the windows when stuck in traffic, and actually trying to stick their hands in your pockets, something I have never experienced in Thailand. I would NOT wear gold out in public in MNL as I do in BKK. Crime is more aggressive and confrontational in MNL than in BKK.

Over all, PI offers a lot in terms of rounding out the South East Asian experience, and is worth a look. Frankly, I might try another trip there myself at some point, still haven't decided...

on account of the bad attitudes of thai women.

Could any experts here give a rundown on finding and fcucing women in Manilla .

There must beplenty of hot lookers there without all the zillions of dumb tourists ,including Japanese paying over the top like there is in Thailand now.

I need to get back to plenty of GFE without all the hassle of thai females .too many shortimers

BuffHello, (I love your name)

could you give a few more examples of what you consider to be bad attitudes and hassles, aside from short time fever?

apples and oranges, given enough time and money, I would hope you could enjoy both...

Peace!

Buffhello,

Let me clarify here, PI is like any place, hit or miss, and up to you what you like and want, and where you feel more comfortable. Which Culture you like best will also no doubt play a part as well.

Regarding where to find women play with in Manila...? a lot has changed, Erimita distraict (near the U.S. Embassy and Rizal park/tacht club) was the spot at one point, a mayor (forget ghis name at the moment) vowed to clean it all up, and thus Emimita died out...have heard it is back now...about 3 hours away, is Angeles City, more less same same Pattaya, but without the beach. not as much to do as Pattaya, outside of P4P.

Big advantage to PI over BKK is the Language barrier. Almost all Pinoys speak fair amount of English. A friend of mine (a member of this board as well) rewcently moved their for a work assignment. He out right loves the place. He is not in Manila, but has found a great niche forhimself. He said he doesn't even bother with the P4P scene, and that many Ex-Pats their find a good way of having fun with out bars, hookers and the related hassles... In reminising and rethinking it, I'll probably hit PI next year for a few days and see how it is doing...

Been there twice this year to visit my kids, both living in Manila.

Manila really has gone down hill over the last 15 years since the mayor closed down Ermita etc.

I would not count on finding to much action, as far as the girls go. The girls do not normally sleep with thier partners until any sort of commitment has been made. Meaning you are less likely to get her into the sack until you have gone through the courtship period and then the Girl friend Experience. (You normally have to court them for sometime first)

As OH said.. They enjoy telling you about their friends or family that have married westerners. This really is a big thing for them if they have a friend who is half westerner and half filipino or they have a friend or relative living in the west.

Manila has far too many Holduppers, Pickpockets, Snatchers, Slashers and beggars for my liking.

If I had the choice I would stay clear of Manila and head out to Cebu, Boracay or even AC.

In Manila - Hotels are far to expensive for what they are. The food is disgusting apart from the odd Manok Adobo (which is basically Chicken cooked in vinegar, garlic and soy sauce) which is quite nice. Kare-Kare, caldereta, menudo, ihaw, Pancit are so bland and boring.

The Japanese are throwing their money around in the go gos of Makati in Manila. Also, I hear Cebu is spoiled due to Japanese tourism with direct flights from Japan. And yes, they go to AC, too, along with the Koreans(Asiana Airlines flys to Clark Field direct from Seoul). :( Green card madness is the name of the game in the PI as everyone wants to get the hell out of the country...even if it means taking a job in the Middle East. :worship:

STDAY3 said:

Manila really has gone down hill over the last 15 years since the mayor closed down Ermita etc.

Manila has far too many Holduppers, Pickpockets, Snatchers, Slashers and beggars for my liking.

If I had the choice I would stay clear of Manila and head out to Cebu, Boracay or even AC.

I would have to agree. Also, when I was in Boracay there were armed guards on the beach area by the resort to protect the tourists from robberies.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention armed guards everywhere, and the bi-weekly coup or coup attempts...this is the other thing about the PI That really tweeks me, the government there...they export all their intellectual labor to the middle east, have such a fucked up government that very few out siders want to invest there, and everytime they get a new leader, first thing they do is try to throw them out, and destabilize everything. The place is run by a bunch of spoiled cry babies all out to line their own pockets...amazing how much we have in common with them. No wonder they are refered to as "The Americans of Asia..."

Hi OH,

I've never been to Manila (or AC), but I am struck by how different your posts are from the picture painted by Rob1074 in his trip report. Admittedly, he was in a different part of the country, but I'd imagine that the whole 'AC is purely for sex tourists' thing would give someone who grew up on a USAF base (my assumption ..) an even lower opinion of the town.

I think you have to take the good with the bad, but the picture painted by yourself and other 'veterans' makes returning to Indonesia a no-brainer. Islamic extremists or whatever, they just arent a pushy race of people, at least in my experience, and I definitely feel safer on the streets of Jakarta than I do in Sydney or Melbourne.

Cheers,

Artie

Archived