Comparing Bangkok with Manilla

BuffHello

"...someone who grew up on a USAF base (my assumption ..)..."

Who? Not me :) Iwasa very little kid, lived there 64-66. Lived in Embassy, goverment (USA) contract housing adjacent to the embassy (I believe) in Manila. Might have been called Dewy Blvd then, now called Roxas Blvd. Like I said, I have other reasons for my feelings, and as I said, I will probably go back at some point...would also love to check out Jakarta.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in The Philippines three weeks ago before going on to Thailand. and I have to admit that I have swung back to The Philippines recently. I think I had just as much fun in Angeles City as Pattaya. It's just luck of the draw. You don't know where or when. I have been to Angeles and been disappointed but not this time.

As far as nom p4p activities are concerned, there is no comparison. Thailand wins hands down. If you want women, then go to both.

They do have the Golf course in the Fort in Manila.

They have also done up Manila Bay and called it Baywalk Just along from the Rizal monument.. Some outside bars and a couple of bands.. Trouble is they all close around 1. (But no girlie scene)

There are a few girlie bars around Thomas Morato in QC maybes around 20, a lot are Karaoke bars though, in which you pick a girl and she will sing a song for you by request.

Other girlie Bars Like Zues are open til about 2am. One girl comes on the stage at a time and dances. If you are interested in her you tell the Mamasan.

For freelancers go to Padis Point in Thomas Morato after twelve it is full of them and if you do not like anything you see, outside after 3 am there is Guy stands on the sidewalk with about 20 girls and you just pick the one you want.

If you are not into girlie bars the other popular places are Pier One, Virgin Cafe, Ratskys, Chillis and TGIF.

Again if you are interested in meeting girls, the best place is AC

Lots of golf right in Manila. Wack Wack is excellent club and I believe they will let you on for about $100. More affordable golf at the military bases of Villamor, Fort Bonifacio and Camp Aguinaldo, but the problem with all of these is the air pollution leaves you feeling like you've just played golf in a chimney.

There are some nice courses an hour or two down the south superhighway around Cavite that are close enough to commute from Makati. Some of the ones I've played are Riviera (two courses, Langer and Couples), Southwoods (Nicklaus), Puerto Azul (Player), Sta. Elena (R.T. Jones Jr.), Spendido (Norman) and Alabang (?). Don't know what the green fees were because I was a guest in most cases. At Spendido, which is open to the public, I paid in the $50 range.

As for the nightlife, haven't done much lately, except for P. Burgos. Not as much fun as Bangkok but, hey, at least it's there. Had a really horrendous bill after entertaining a room full of girls and a couple of mamasans at Bubbles, but it was fun and the girl I woke up with was beautiful.

Having seen a friend's recent photos of Karaoke girls from Q.C., I think I'll give that scene a try next time, if there is a next time.

Never been to Angeles, but if they have direct flights from Korea, there has gotta be golf there.

cactus said:

Played golf in Pattaya with a guy from PI. He said they had some very good courses but much more expensive than Pattaya.

In Generel, I'd say the PI is more expensive than Thailand, especially Manila Vs. BKK. A large part of what drives the PI economy is money comming in from OCWs (Over Seas Contract Workers) Pinoys who go work work abroad (middle east usually) and send the money home. Hence, there seems to be a bit more money in the PI than in Thailand, which helps fuel inflation and higher prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of fun in the punter haunts of Manila, the trick is to not be afraid to say "No Thanks".

The big differnce that I see between Manila and Angeles City is that AC is more about the barfine and Manila is more about Ladies drinks. AC girls just want you to barfine them and take them out. Walk into almost any bar on P. Burgos and anywhere from 2-6 girls may surround you with a waiterss not too far behind who'll ask you "Sir, You like to buy them lucky drinks?" You do the math- 300 pesos times 6 equals about US$35.00 in one shot...can add up real quickly!

If you really want to entertain 6 girls for this then good on you; but if you don't want to, smile and say no thanks...or pick only one of the 6 who strike your fancy and sit with her. Just remember that if you don't like it- then don't buy it!

Not to sound like a miser or anything, but the barfines PLUS expected tip in Manila can be a tad outrageous. Often times, girls know this and are more than willing to meet you after hours. I'm not one to normally advocate skimping out on bafines (something I'd never do in AC of Thailand) but the mercenary tactics of some of the Manila bars almost warrant it.

Best,

• 2 weeks later...

In AC, prepaying the barfine(the girl gets half)puts you in a vulnerable position, especially when your girl's mobile rings after you have sex and it's her sick sister in Manila who needs your girl to leave immediatley to tend to her(wink wink). There are more runners in AC than the Olympics. :twocents:

Archived