Bus from BKK to Hua Hin

bushman

Just did a search and did not find my answer and There is nothing current about the air condition bus to/from BKK-Hua Hin. I would like to take the bus but was wondering if the bus ,that takes about 3 1/2 hours, has a pit stop along the way.I have taken the train and of course the train has a toilet on board.

I am getting older and my kidneys are not as good as they used to be.

Thanks for your help

Bush

Air-conditioned buses leave the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok every 30 minutes between 0500 and 2200 for Hua Hin. The journey takes about 3 hours and costs less than $4. The air-conditioned bus terminal in Hua Hin is at the Siripetchkasem Hotel on Srasong Rd, near Dechanuchit Rd, and buses leave for Bangkok every 30-40 minutes daily between 0300 and 2100. Tel: (032) 511-654, 512-543.

If there's more than one of you travelling then a taxi wouldn't be that much more expensive. You can then take random pit stops to order. Last time I went it worked out at 1850 Baht but that was a couple of years ago.

The dried friut places (around Petchaburi?) are well known with BKK barmaids and apparently some of the stuff on sale there is only available in that part of Thailand. We always had to stop and fill up all available boot space on the way back.

A/C buses have toilets. In the earlier morning time the ride is only 3 hours.

And - if you wish to drive from Hua Hin further idown to the South, then be careful that you order an official bus-tickets and that you not get one from the farang-"owned" bus service - like me last December. The bus was ok, but expensive, withouth free food/water, no pillow and he stops at the end of the world and not at the official stations. :down: :onfire:

Archived