Bangkok live-cams !

Prosal

I cant get it to work. Shame though, cuz I would like to see some of my old neighbourhoods.

I just get "Error in IE"....

ok. edit:

Just installed a direct x pack. Now I can see, and it looks like its raining. Fook. But its super cool!

D A N G E R Will Robinson, D A N G E R

NOTE: for any old timers out there running Win98SE or earlier (like me on my desktop anyway) that URL will install a newer version of "ATL.DLL" on your Windows\System folder and you'll forever more get an error saying "YOU CANNOT RUN THE UNICODE VERSION OF ATL..." popping up all the time, some systems might not boot up anymore.

Fixed mine but it was a mess, had to download the Win95 version of that DLL from the MSDN site, then had to reboot to MS-DOS in order to copy over the bad DLL file (so windows doesn't have it locked).

If you've got Win2k or XP should be OK with that URL...

BrownFox77 said:

D A N G E R Will Robinson, D A N G E R

NOTE: for any old timers out there running Win98SE or earlier (like me on my desktop anyway) that URL will install a newer version of "ATL.DLL" on your Windows\System folder and you'll forever more get an error saying "YOU CANNOT RUN THE UNICODE VERSION OF ATL..." popping up all the time, some systems might not boot up anymore.

Fixed mine but it was a mess, had to download the Win95 version of that DLL from the MSDN site, then had to reboot to MS-DOS in order to copy over the bad DLL file (so windows doesn't have it locked).

If you've got Win2k or XP should be OK with that URL...

Thank you BrownFox .

Have been looking for a post like this since OP posting.

Can you give me any of the links you followed to resolve the dillema ?

The errors I have only noticed on Outlook Express so far, but would like to get a handle on it.

Pom_Jao_Choo said:

Thank you BrownFox .

Have been looking for a post like this since OP posting.

Can you give me any of the links you followed to resolve the dillema ?

The errors I have only noticed on Outlook Express so far, but would like to get a handle on it.

Pom_Jao,

I didn't find a clean, explanatory link anywhere explaining how to fix it however in doing searches I've found its a common problem.

Here's a recipe I made that should correct the problem (how I fixed mine):

1. In an Explorer window, create a new, temporary folder in the root of your C: drive called "ATL".

2. Go to the MSDN site below and you'll want to download a file called "ATLinst.exe" (1.95MB) under the table showing ATL's for Win95 and NT 4.0, simply click on that filename and save it into that new folder you created in step 1 above called ATL. The link is: Active Template Library 2.0

3. Return to your Explorer window and open that ATL folder which should now contain that downloaded file, altinst.exe.

4. Down 1 shot of Thai wiskey and then double-click that exe file you downloaded called altinst.exe, its a self-extacting zip file that will create many subordinate folders in your new ATL folder.

5. In your Explorer window, you'll want to drill down to C:\ATL\Redist\Win95 and here, your see a lone file called "ATL.DLL" and this is all you need out of steps 1-4. Your goal will be to copy this version of the file over the bad atl.dll in your c:\Windows\System folder.

6. To obey Murphy's Law, using that Explorer window drill down to that "bad" atl.dll file in c:\Windows\System and then single left-click on it, then do a Right-Click and choose "Copy", then move your cursor to any white space in the expanded right pane's contents (just to the right of the listed filenames) and do a single left-click in that white-space, then do a right-click and now choose "Paste" - and you now have a copy of that file just in case.

7. Close all your windows including the Explorer window, then choose "Restart in MS-DOS mode".

8. Once in MS-DOS, do a "CD atl\Redist\Win95" and hit enter. Then do a dir and hit enter, should see your atl.dll there.

9. Do a "copy atl.dll c:\Windows\System\atl.dll" hit enter and answer yes to overwrite.

10. Type "EXIT" and reboot and your problem should be fixed. :D

Brown Fox that was one HOT ! recipe you cooked up there!

Thanks VERY much for taking the time to write that up for me.

Everything seems to be working normal now.

I did have to do a couple substitutions.

No Thai Whiskey here in Canada, but the Kokanee beer worked fine.

The DOS prompt command didn't work for me, who knows maybe I added an extra space somewheres.

I did not have a computer back in the DOS days so my experience with it has been limited.

It allso works in "Safe" mode, which is the method I used. I was a little woried as the the originall (or existing) ATL.dll was 70 kb, while the replacement was only 20kb. So I made a back up, but that exercise seems to have been pointless.

Thank you very much Brown Fox for your help.

Remind me when you see me at a Fri meeting some day that I owe you a beer. In the meantime have an extra desert :-)

I hazard that these activeX things that have been talked about previously are the reason, I'm 10.4 and I get the thai javascript error too.

Remember that Windows apsires to a non standard, microsoft version of Java/Script.

cheers

Coss

Archived