Why do so many Thai women want a farang?

thalenoi

Because they perceive us as being less violent, less drunk, less lazy, more financially stable and more faithful than their Thai men.

Usually they have been shat on by at least one Thai guy, many left holding a baby and maybe they are no longer attractive to Thai men in a relationship sense.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To either improve or maintain their color of their skin...

If a BG or equivalent, it gives their off-spring a chance to be a luk-keurng movie star in LOS and if not in LOS, then the greener pasture rule applies in some far off land...

If middle class or above, then either solidify or improve chances for a better life for their off-spring by adding or maintaining a lighter color to their coat...

Image is everything in LOS...

JJshusi probably is correct about the perception of it all. Some of it materializes and some of it doesn't...

CB

cardinalblue said:

To either improve or maintain their color of their skin...

They want their baby to get darker? :: Is that why they like me? hehehe

I think its safe to say there are a few reasons but one or two overriding reasons.

• 1 month later...

Feedback from my wife over the years. (We live in Oz) Her comments, not mine. Management does not necessarily agree with the comments etc :-)

Fed up with cheating Thai guys and bad reputation they have.

Farang are percieved to be more loyal/faithful.

Financial security. (important if you understand the culture)

A 'passport' out of an unhappy home life.

And.....she loves me :-))

Sid

• 4 weeks later...

Wow... this thread is very disheartening.. Is it not at all possible to go to LOS and fall in love? I"m not dumb and I've been around the world and have seen all the "trade green card for love" scams... But... I still believe it is possible to find a soul mate (even in the land of whores) to marry and cherish, even in LOS. I'm not going there for that reason at all (belive me, i just want to fuck), but I still belive (in my heart), I might find a girl to kepp forever?

Maybe I'm a dumb romantic. But I prefer to be hopeful and dumb instead of convinced and stupid....

FAT_AUSSIE said:

Not all Thai women want to marry farang! but they do want to travel, afford to care for their parents, drive a nice car, own a nice home and grow old without care. How would you do that with little education in a country like Thailand?

walla mae mi tang mi tua hee.

Indeed. My wife was very apprehensive about dating a farang and found it hard to find someone from work who would go on a double date. Seems they did not want to be seen out with a farang in case they were mistaken for working girls. My secretary in BKK told me the same thing. So when we were out on business together, she always made an effort to dress up/look classy.

Just my take........there are many TGs who do not want a farang, for whatever reason.

Sid

Archived