New Year's Eve - BKK or Pattaya

Pat_from_Jersey

hello. I will be in LOS on 12/31/05 (New years Eve) and I'm concerned that either everything will be closed OR that either Pattaya or Bangkok will be the better place to be during that time. Anyone have experience during this time in either city? Which is a better place to be for celebrations? Fireworks? Also, is it legal to drink in the streets in either place? Lastly, What about dress code? Should I walk around looking like an american tourist-slob with shorts and wife-beaters, or are slacks and shoes requried with in LOS? What is expected of farangs as far as dress goes? thanks for your input in helping my trip be the best possible! -pat

Last New Years Eve, most organized fireworks displays were cancelled, out of respect to the Tsunami tragedy. However, Pattaya was like WW2, as usual, with falang blowing up thousands of every kind of fireworks.

Pattaya is better than Times Square, or any place for New Years Eve.

New Year's Eve in Pattaya is definately more exiting (if you live thru it). Some of the larger high end hotels on the beach fronts have large fireworks displays. I spent a couple New Years in Pattaya and it was unreal - fireworks going off everywhere, even in the bars. Many poeple dancing on bar tops, dancing thu the Streets, and most bars handing out free food all night long with many free shots. This is a time where the outside beer bar areas are more fun than the indoor GoGos - best areas I've seen anyway are the Soi 7/8 and Soi 2/3 beer bar areas on New Years Eve night.

Hi!

I never have like New Years Eve, I find it an occission people seem to think they can be real idiots.

Rather party every other night of the year and leave New Years Eve at home@!

Or in the words of Dean Martin - "I drink every day except new years eve as this day is for the amateurs". :neener:

regards

ALHOLK

Archived