Best Thai massage?

hawaiijohn

One of the highlights for me of going to Thailand is treating myself every day to a traditional Thai massage. I've found widely varying quality, the best thus far at Wanphen House on Sukhumvit, across from the Landmark Hotel. Since I'm always open to a new experience, does anyone have a particular masseuse that they feel is outstanding?

Bauthip is also goo. It is off of Soi5, walk passed the Amari, to the first little street, ignore the tauts, and make a right, it will be there on your right. It offers a real Thai massage, "absolutely no sex" as the sign says. They offer older women and blind men who will give a very good massage. As of Thanksgiving weekend, the price was (if I recall) 350bht for 2 hours. But that was a special price, so it may have gone up. I have gone there for years, and have always been happy! But do not, under any circumstances expect extras! I have seen them get very nasty about this!

Thanks for sharing this guys. How much did you pay John?

Suppose someone wanted to learn the traditional massage in LOS...:

- how hard is it to learn?

- what are good place to learn this? Wat Po crazy.gif" border="0

- how long will it take?

- and, how much will it cost?

Thanks,

Ty.

smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Thanks for sharing this guys. How much did you pay John?

Suppose someone wanted to learn the traditional massage in LOS...:

- how hard is it to learn?

- what are good place to learn this? Wat Po
crazy.gif" border="0

- how long will it take?

- and, how much will it cost?

Thanks,

Ty.

smile.gif" border="0

I paid 300 baht for a two hour massage with a 100baht tip. The two hour oil massage was 400baht but I prefer the massage without oil. Your question about Wat Po reminded me to ask if you can receive a massage from one of the teachers (monks?) at Wat Po. All of the masseuses that I have had were trained at Wat Po or by someone who had been trained there. I would imagine the teachers to be the best but that is not always the case. Anyone have more info?

Thanks ashman. I just found an old article from the Bangkok Post about it:

quote:

Wat Po Thai Traditional Medical School provides three courses including general Thai massage, therapeutic and healing massage, and foot massage. The general Thai massage and therapeutic and healing massage course costs 7,000 baht for 30 hours. Students can divide the course into five, six, or ten-day courses.

The foot massage course takes 15 hours to be taught within three days. The fee costs 3,600 baht.

For more information about the courses, please call 02-211-2974 or email WatPoTTM@netscape.net.

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Tycona ]

I've tried a bunch of places in Bangkok, and always keep coming back to Marble House Massage, which is located on the third floor of the building that houses Thermae. I've never had a bad massage there, and the 3-4 best I can remember were all at Marble House.

I spent several nice afternoons in Bangkok Health Spa just up Soi 3. Ladies and Gents welcome.

I had a nice 2 hour oil no sex with my gf and it cost 1200 for both of us Tho I think that was a special price that she arranged

enjoy

Archived