Pregnant women and giving birth

limbo

Redbaron is right, easy for us guys as we're not getting the babies. For the same reason it's a fruitless effort for men to learn the right breathing technics.

That women drag their man along to those classes is more like 'I get your baby and now I'm calling the shots' and at the same time get the guy to profess for his kid so he won't do a runner.

As it was the first baby for both we had one hour with the midwife in addition to the visits to the doctor. Explaining procedures, what happens inside the wifes belly, scaring the wife with stories of small asian women and big asian-european babies. More relaxed than the always busy, very competent but absolutely overworked doctor. No need for me to learn breathing or lie on my back with the legs spread in the air.

Also I think it's better to be there for the birth. For the wife it's good to have someone familiar present. Someone who holds her hand so she can dug her nails in and share some of the pain. Btw, shoving the doc to the side so you get a better shot for the video isn't helping.

In my opinion there's nothing against some 'heavy breathing' together prior to giving birth. Don't need no spectators or training for that...

Guest lazyphil

I think if the dad is going to be there he needs to keep his trap shut and sit still, not flap, pass out, get in the way!

I had a mate, hippie chick, who was going to have the whole natural birth experience, no drugs, just peacful music etc.

I met her when she was 3 month;s pregnant with her 2nd child and asked "So - you going to have the whole natural birth thing again"

She replied NO FUCKING WAY - i am going to get a epidural when I'm 5 months pregnant and stay in bed till they cut the fucker out, you try shitting a pineapple out your arse and see how natural that fuckin feels.

Apparently the music didn't help and the breathing sucked as a pain killer.

DOG

Archived