Price Guide

asiafun

Forgive me for not looking hard enough but is there a price guide for "goods and services" so that newbies have an idea what to pay without getting ripped off and inadvertantly raising prices for the rest of the guys or seeming too cheap?

For example:

taxi fare from bkk to pattaya?

Cost of a boat ride in the floating market?

How much/what should I donate to a wat?

Tipping girls after services rendered such as a legit massage or all night in room "service"

asiafun,

"For example:

taxi fare from bkk to pattaya?

Cost of a boat ride in the floating market?

How much/what should I donate to a wat?

Tipping girls after services rendered such as a legit massage or all night in room "service""

To answer a couple:

BKK-Pattaya taxi was around 800 baht last I used this this past year. Likely more now as the price of gasoline has increased dramatically recently. Did that around 6 months ago. Places in Pattaya used to show 800 baht on their signs back then for a Pattaya to BKK trip. I'd gotten the same price BKK to Pattaya as well, but it was before the major gas increases.

Wat donation would be up to you, but 100 baht would be fair enough. Up to what you'd like though.

Legit 2 hour massage is around 260 baht for 2 hours service, I usually give a 40 baht tip, but again up to the customer.

All night P4P tip would depend on the services provided and customer satisfaction in my eyes, not necessary but always welcome. Would also depend if you wanted to see the lass again I think and be seen as jai dee and a good bet for her to want a repeat possibly, but as I say, not required after paying the bar fine/asked for amount.

Floating market boat ride ... don't know, I haven't done that for quite a while.

Cent

800 Baht to go from Bangkok to Pattaya is a very good price, and one you might not find at all. Prices from BKK to Pattaya is, in my experience higher than from Pataya to Bangkok.

Over the last few years, but before the recen rise in fuel prices.

BKK to Pattaya 1200 baht (or more)

Pattay to Bangkok 800 baht (or more)

Some negotiation and shopping around is often required to get these prices. I am farang, which might make a difference.

Archived