Pattaya - Nice hotel, sea view etc

fatbastard33

The Hard Rock Hotel is pleasant and the pool area is great. If you intend to lounge around the pool area, it is worthwhile, but if you do not use the pool, it is a little pricey. Rooms are pleasant, but not spectacular. At this time of year, it is around 3,000 baht a night, breakfast included, for a sea view room. Like I say, worth it if you use the pool.

Fat,

Hope all's been well, met you 'bout 5 years ago or so in the old Woodstock one Friday night.

Lately I've been staying at Sandy Springs when I visit Pattaya, always in a suite with a Sea View - most recently just over a month ago. I like the location on Soi 13 and I've always found it very quiet (despite the nearby construction on the Soi). Even used their Loxinfo "dial up" cards for my laptop while there and found it surprisingly reliable (albeit slow).

The suites (at roughly 2k baht/day) have large balconies with fairly nice views - I liked the views from Pattaya Centre's largest "suite rooms" better but that place is pretty run down nowadays.

Below are 2 pics taken after sunset of the view from my balcony at Sandy's:

239Img_0120.jpg

239Img_0121.jpg

Archived