Cell Phone companies - pay as you go.

asiafun

Dprompt as good as AIS?? not sure... switched to Dprompt after I lost yet another phone in the cab and it doesn't seem to work as well. Many problems to get connections, like right now when I can't call out...

There have been problems calling from DTAC to AIS after AIS did use it's position as market leader to bully the competitiors by effectively blocking 90% of incoming calls from DTAC (they blamed it on some technical issue, but DTAC threatened to sue). I think this is resolved now, so there should not be such problems anymore.

AIS is to great extent owned by Thaksin Shinawatra, who also owns great stakes in several TV channels. That is probably why you rarely see adverts from AIS outside TV. Advertisement is very cheap there as the money goes back to himself...

Paillote

I don't think it's resolved. This has been a problem for some months.

Had no problem getting through to my friend's EXCEPT if they use AIS over the past few days. Note this usually doesn't happen during working hours (wonder of wonders!!!). It happens at the end of the work day and early evening.

<<burp>>

Archived