The Blues?

BJ_Blackowitz

What to do against it?

don"t we all have it?

the minute we touch down on the soil of our normal world, we want to be back in to the LOS straight away.

For the second time in my life, I am wanting to go back to LOS the minute I touched down. Do't get me wrong...

I am no teenager or average looser without any assest in the world:

for 14 years I had a decent job, Just bought a house and had friends and a lot of fun at my home country as wel, but fell in love with the easy life and the warmth and fun of Thailand, I eventually even Sold everything I had, and with my montly income of 700$ I went to mbe a Divemaster in Phi Phi, even enjoyded it until my Neck problems forced me to turn back to europe, where I got a New Job in IT iomn the spot, went diving at the maldives and met my wife.

Now being 39 and going back to the LOS, I am thinking again of giving up it all, the well paid job as Project manager for an international Company, the Easy life without debts and steady good income, the wife who still loves me (ok the sex sux comparted to the los) the company car, the 6 weeks leave, and all the good stuf that we all want,

Whatfor?

life in a 2 bedroom apartment in the paradise?

Have your freelance tilac avery now and then because she thinks you are wealthy farang?

I really do not know,

what is it with the LOS that makes us all go crazy?

what can we do against it?

never visit again?

visit avery 2 months for a week?

someone shed a ligcan ht?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don`t we all have it?

Nope, I for one don`t.

Quite happy to return home every time.

But I know quite a few guys in my country, whose entire life seem to revolve around Thailand. ::

They never seem able to see any good outside of LOS and spend their life in standby mode for that next trip. :o

I work in the airline industry and I could basically visit LOS for 9 days every 3 weeks or so if I chose to do so. (Several co-workers do!)

But I am perfectly happy with my annual visit.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

hiya ... i think its called holiday withdrawel symptoms..

to be honest i saw a tv programme lasty night called "A place in the sun" this couple looked at houses in cha am and hui hin ,, there were amazing bargains for £21000 +..

i do understand what you mean and guess u get say 4 weeks paid holiday a year ,,,

i work in travel and packed that in to be a travel temp !! was the best thing i ever did ....

can i have your job? i havent been in LOS for 10 weeks now and im climbing the walls. got a good job back home as soon as i got off the plane. boss keeps saying to me that i need to be more enthusiastic but i cant help it i want to move to LOS. Yes i know this is a dumb idea but the place has that affect on me. My mate is the same, he's strying to start up a business allowing him to go back and forth regularly. I can relate to those guys whose lives revolve around it. Need to buy more lotto tickets that'll work!!! :fever: (the gogo fever)

Fly_Baby_Fly said:

What to do against it?

..., the well paid job as Project manager for an international Company, the Easy life without debts and steady good income,

First off, buy your next ticket NOW. That will make a big difference in your waiting time.

Secondly, don't do anything rash regarding your job, wife, etc. International company? Tell them about the tremendous opportunities for profit in Thailand. With only you at the helm, of course!

Another poster mentioned his boss wanting him to be more "enthusiastic". Funny, the last job I held in the States before moving to Thailand, my female boss called me into her office one day and said, "You just don't seem to care anymore."

That was the first thing she'd gotten right in years! :)

Archived