Yahoo! web mail insufferable?!

SnakAtak

I?ve used Yahoo! web mail (free service) on various PC?s using various web browsers, Firefox, IE, Deepnet. Has anyone else found the service continually flakey or know what my problem is?!

Try replying or composing an email and the screen sent message doesn?t usually show up unless you try it twice with back stepping. It usually jumps to a blank mail compose page and all the previously typed stuff to send has been lost!! Try uploading an attachment and it?s pot luck whether it will work. I have learnt to never send anything without making a copied back up first incase the send fails.

To their credit the Y!help service replied to my problem via email even though I am a freeloader. But they only told me how to set the browser for scripting which I already had set correctly.

What worries me most is I have seen little public complaints about Yahoo! mail and was wondering why? My friends say they experience the problems and shrug them off as the service is free.

Cheers

I'm not using yahoo but know several who do. Not many complaints. Maybe it takes you too long to compose your mail? You tried editing your mail first in let's say Edit or Word, and only then click 'answer' or 'compose', insert you text with copy and paste and click 'send'? Still the same problems?

If you access Yahoo via a local site (e.g. yahoo.de) try yahoo.com instead.

Unless you need to keep your Yahoo address I suggest a freemail provider that allows you to download your mails via pop3 AND leave a copy on the server. There must be some others but I know that gmail is capable of this.

So you may download your mails to your computer using Thunderbird or any other email program and do the composing offline.

Frankly, there is so much competition between freemailers that I wouldn't put up with problems.

carlton68 said:

Frankly, there is so much competition between freemailers that I wouldn't put up with problems.

I have experienced the Y! mail problems mostly since switching to ADSL in Bangkok this year so maybe ISP related?

Gmail works just fine, now trying to figure out how to make sure everyone gets my new gmail email address, and afraid to change from Yahoo for time being ::

Never had any problems like the one youve mentioned.

The only problem i have with it is that when i login from work, i need to login on the secure version not the standard.

For some reason whenever I login on the standard version I need to login again with an additional pasword generated by one of those wiggly pictures they use to prevent bots from signing up.

( thats with ie & firefox )

Archived